Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Today I received my copy of Bobby Hutcherson's "The Kicker", a Blue Note album from the all-analog audiophile 'Tone Poet' series. The album was recorded in 1963 but was't released before 1999. Really strange, as I think it's a masterpiece. This is the first time it appears on vinyl.
While Hutcherson was and is highly regarded by jazz fans, his (later) music was not always very easy to digest for the general public. This early album, however, is very accessible. All track are beautiful and the line-up is impressive:
And how does it sound? Well, fantastic! Spacious, punchy bass, it sounds very natural and involving. Really happy with it and it will be on the turntable for the rest of the week.
I have bought a few recently, not really keeping track. Two that I got yesterday though we're Sylvan Esso's "Free Love" and the soundtrack to the game "Pyre"