• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

How is the Chrissie Hynde?
I've always loved Chrissie's voice.

The album is different. It's jazzy and a bit bluesy. Individually most songs are pretty good, but continuously together on 2 LPs, it's to slow and sleepy. Good in short doses.

EDIT: I originally said the EQ was bland. Doh... the settings were off. Much better now.
 
Last edited:
I've always loved Chrissie's voice.

The album is different. It's jazzy and a bit bluesy. Individually most songs are pretty good, but continuously together on 2 LPs, it's to slow and sleepy. Good in short doses.

EDIT: I originally said the EQ was bland. Doh... the settings were off. Much better now.

Yeah, been a fan of her voice since the early 80s. I need to go ahead and get the album. Her voice as back ground music is good enough for me.
 
Last week I got:
Ordering from an artist I like online (she was selling her personal record collection), these arrived Tuesday:
Helena Hauff - Discreet Desires
The Zodiak - Cosmic Sounds

From the local record store on Friday:
Angel Olsen - All Mirrors
Tallest Man on Earth - I Love You, It's a Fever Dream
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues

Then Saturday a relatively local used record store was doing an "every thing is $1" sale:
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Jethro Tull - Living in the Past
The Guess Who - Live at the Paramount
Bix Beiderbecke - Bix Beiderbecke (linked to Discogs page for the release)
Billie Holiday - Lady Sings the Blues (1957 mono reissue by the American Recording Society. This one lacked a cover, so they had taped a piece of paper saying what it was over an Arlo Guthrie "Alice's Restaurant" sleeve).
Paul Robeson - Live at Carnegie Hall
Josh White - (I confess I forget the title of this album).
Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra by the Philidelphia Orchestra
Original Soundtrack to The Wizard of Oz.
 
Just arrived, the vinyl sounds great, just as expected from Enigma

Enigma ‎VIII – The Fall Of A Rebel Angel/Universal Music Group ‎– 672 356 0, Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Remastered, Violet Translucent, 180Gr, Europe

Enigma ~ VIII.JPG
 
Holy crap what a week. Wife working from home now, kid home, I was deemed immuno compromised and sent home to work due to cancer chemo/rad fun a few months back. (i'm "fine" now, thank you) Wishing the best to everyone out there. Take care.

Might as well post some vinyl since i'm sitting here.
Haven't grabbed too much vinyl lately. Had been enjoying some Anthony Braxton which introduced me to the name Woody Shaw as they had a collaborative album with The iron Men. Which led to seeking out Shaw's highly regarded Rosewood. Also snagged Living Colour's third album Stain. (on transparent green vinyl as it turned out)

(edited)%20IMG_9735.jpeg
 
No pics (sorry), but I picked up some nice ones at the record store yesterday-

Hot Tuna- Burgers
Al Di Meola- Hotel Splendido
Marillion- Misplaced Childhood
Wishbone Ash- Pilgrimage
Nazareth- Malice In Wonderland
Crack The Sky- Self Titled
 
Back
Top Bottom