• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I have not posted here in awhile, but I have picked up a few things in the last month.

First up, I had ordered and pre-ordered Black Belt Eagle Scout's first two albums ("Mother of my Children" followed by "At the Party with my Brown Friends"). She is a relatively local indigenous artist that a friend pointed me towards. I like her stuff. "Soft Stud" is a nice song.
IMG_20190904_174755.jpg

Next up were some albums bought with birthday money/gift certificates. Part one: I have been getting into Ornette Coleman, so I bought a reissue. It sounds good, but as explained later, I will probably be looking for used copies from now on. I also wanted more Charlie Parker and I love Nina Simone.
IMG_20190907_161810.jpg

Birthday money part two: Sam Amidon's Lily-O. I like some of his stuff a lot, so I figured I would get this. It was good and very much his style of progressive revivalist. And then I liked Mitski's "Be the Cowboy" and they had Puberty 2, so I figured I would get it. Lastly, not vinyl, but I picked up a PJ Harvey CD since most of her older albums either were not on vinyl or are ridiculously expensive used right now.
IMG_20190907_161849.jpg

Decided to go back to the record store a couple weeks ago to pick up Brittany Howard's album "Jamie" on the day it released, as well as the Lumineer's album "III". Well, the store had not yet received "Jamie" so I bought another Ornette Coleman album. It plays ok and sounds good because I have heard no other version of it, but I have since learned that the label is kind of dubious with regards to quality. Hence why I might try to find these things used from now on. I do love the set up of his quartet though, and with stereo having Ornette's sax in the left, Don's trumpet in the left, and then Charlie's bass and Ed's drums kind of in the middle. (side note: apologies for the blurred edges of this picture, I had been mucking about with the settings on my phone's camera and it was locked to a specific aperture setting).
IMG_20190920_174818.jpg

Last one to arrive, was something I stumbled upon on Twitter and should not have bought but did. I have been casually getting into the fighting game Guilty Gear (more specifically they most recent version, which has a silly long name). I like soundtracks, and I found that for Tokyo Games Show this year they were releasing a commemorative LP of Guilty Gear songs. I ordered it through a third party vendor which was kind of sketchy, but it arrived quickly and in good quality. I am happy with it.
IMG_20190920_171150.jpg
IMG_20190920_171315.jpg
 
His first album and End Of The Century are great records.
Anything on Atlantic is worth seeking out.

Those Waxtime reissues SUCH!

I made that same mistake with a Coltrane record.
 
Picked up a couple things Saturday. The score to "The Dead Don't Die" featuring some of the dialogue from the movie:

IMG_20191005_195848.jpg

And an album by a local artist, Go Slowpoke:
IMG_20191005_194727.jpg

Both were enjoyable and I am glad I got them.
 
Saturdays.jpg

I touch up the tone & colour before uploading my album pics, some time have to flip them too. Saturday's purchases from Neil at St Marys records.

Ry Cooder -Chicken Skin Music
U2 - War
Nice mint copy of Dire Straits Making Movies
Paul Kelly- Gossip
Robert Cray- Strong Persuader.
 
All of my preorders from the last couple of months are starting to show up. Got the new releases from Guerilla Toss, Garcia Peoples and Screaming Females (singles collection) already. The reissues of the first two Los Straitjackets records are on the way.

A few merch table acquisitions: the first two FACS records, the new Luna live album, and the new Greg Townson record (from the Los Straitjackets merch table).

And a few used records: a nice original press of Road to Ruin by the Ramones, the first Tracy Chapman LP, and an original UK pressing of The Monty Python Instant Record Collection.
 
Back
Top Bottom