• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zenith allegro NO DIAL LIGHTS

Drewconner75

New Member
Zenith Allegro combo phono 8 track unit, recapped, 8 track recapped new belt, everything's working like a champ, am fm fm stereo, tape, all great, EXCEPT THE FUSE LAMPS AND TUNER INDICATOR WONT LIGHT, the FM stereo lights up when I flip it 2 a.m. instead of the am fuse lamp. Strange behavior. now since this model features the digilight AM/FM display this really sucks.For those familiar with the digilite zenith stereos this is basically exactly the same. I checked the fuse with a voltmeter for resistance and it was good. Bad bulb? selector switch gone bad ?I appeal to the AK wizards. Ps. The dial light worked last time I messed with this thing, but that was like a year or ago, mystified on this one Post detailed pics here in a sec
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Zenith Allegro combo phono 8 track unit, recapped, 8 track recapped new belt, everything's working like a champ, am fm fm stereo, tape, all great, selector switch, fm stereo light works, but it's hooked to a different circuit,. Both bulb lamps won't light the "allegro" bulb next to fm stereo bulb won't light, and they are all hooked up to the same circuit, tried removing and bypassing 1/4 amp fuse with a standard 1 amp fuse. And it did the exact same thing. For those familiar with the digilite zenith stereos this is basically exactly the same. Bad bulb? Short? I only saw one fuse, pretty sure that's all there is, I appeal to the AK wizards. Ps. The dial light worked last time I messed with this thing, but that was like a year or ago, mystified on this one Post detailed pics here in a sec
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20161005_154326028_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161005_154326028_HDR.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20161005_154403388_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161005_154403388_HDR.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20161005_154355301_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161005_154355301_HDR.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 45
Those tabs in the center of the picture are where everything on the light dial is routed to with the two resistors
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20161005_155346906_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161005_155346906_HDR.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 26
I should also say that I swapped out both the fuse lamps with two other good ones that I tested on another Zenith digilight stereo that I have they work fine on the other one but didn't work on the Allegro!?
 
The only other thing I can think of is the Allegro light next to the FM stereo bulb being burned out since that both fuse lamps and the tuner indicator lights are all wired in succession. is it possible that since the Allegro bulb is wired in 1st that it's causing a short and causing none of them to light?
 
Also of note I switched out the two fuse lamps with two good ones that I already tested on another similar Zenith digilight stereo that works on that one but did not work on the Allegro
 
c'mon guys, any ideas? Im spitballin' here. update: the fm stereo lights up when switched to AM? I have a feeling this should not be happening. its a model G587w I'll try to find a schematic to study tonight.
 
Hey Drew!
I don't have any info for you regarding your query, but post it in the General Forum & someone should stop by with some help!

Take care,
Rome
 
Got a schematic? Should be a simple matter of following the voltage from origin to the lamps.
 
Back
Top Bottom