• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zenith

EVBoy

Super Member
There's an old Zenith console with a tube tuner and tube amp in it at the local SA. Are those Zenith tube amps any good? The console is pretty cheap but it's just really big and would be hard to dispose of.
 
Register to hide this ad
Most of the Zenith console amps I have seen are EL84 based in either PP or single ended. Yes they are pretty good and fairly easy to work on. I would go for it.
 
snag it !

I've got one with a 6V6 mono PP amp, and it's pretty beefy (sounds good, but still needs a recap . . .) best part was, it came with a zenith branded Mullard 12ax7 in the preamp section. Worse part was, while cleaning in the garage, I dropped the tube :sigh:

I like the Zenith stuff almost as much as the Magnavox stuff . . . .

Cobra-matic TT's are very cool :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom