• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

There are several models that use new cheap generic off-the-shelf Parts Express cabinets. See page 1 of this thread and Zilch's links there.
 
Hi everyone,
Is there a project anywhere with these characteristics?
Econowave, DIY for the cab and woofer and budget conscious

I want to have a nice speaker that has the Econowave on it, but I dont have currently a set of good old speakers to match it, so I was wondering if DIY the whole speaker (Econowave+Woofer) is a good way to go, while being still budget minded as the Econowave is in spirit.

What do you guys think?

Check page 621.

Easy way to get there:

First page of this thread, top link to the Summary, then scroll down to Sytem Designs, click on Standard Kit. Has all the PE part numbers, including the cabinet, all with outdated prices...
 
.......I want to have a nice speaker that has the Econowave on it, but I dont have currently a set of good old speakers .......

Then go find a set. There is no cheaper route than getting vintage speakers with good woofers in them. Even if they need refoamed.
 
You have been given several links/directions to lists of designs already.

Well thanks, but I want to know if there is, before checking all the designs.. I have been checking some, but I dont know if there are ones characterized by a good efficiency
 
The efficiency is set by the woofer. So that choice is in your hands and up to you. The EW tweeter is padded down a lot to match commonly available woofers.

Now WHERE ARE YOU?
 
The efficiency will equal that of the woofer. All of them are more efficient than the 90dB standard. You'll have to look up the woofer specs for specific numbers.
 
The efficiency will equal that of the woofer. All of them are more efficient than the 90dB standard. You'll have to look up the woofer specs for specific numbers.

Ok, thanks! I will try to look for the projects, but I have been surfing this post for a while, and I think I have too much information and kind of confused on where to look.
 
You're not the first Colombian to pop up. I hear speakers are expensive there.

Exactly,, very expensive.. and if they were very good expensive speakers, it would make sense,,, but you find expensive cheap ones everywhere, so that is what is making me consider the DIY route..
 
The techtalk link I just posted on the last page has all of the ones designed by Zilch and friends. The ones designed by other AK users will be tougher to find. You can also look at the kits on pispeakers.com (although I have no idea how Wayne feels about international shipping).
 
Back
Top Bottom