• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

I have been out the two channel game for awhile now, sold ALL my gear but back in it now! Just got some Omega speakers but am second guessing myself by not going back to the ZU’s.
 
Really good to hear , Damaged my hearing . Too many Dump trucks and too many rock concerts.
So can't hear much past 12.5KHz, but I think the Jupiter's will smooth out the high end for me anyway.
 
Last edited:
I have been out the two channel game for awhile now, sold ALL my gear but back in it now! Just got some Omega speakers but am second guessing myself by not going back to the ZU’s.

Really good to hear , Damaged my hearing . Too many Dump trucks and too many rock concerts.
So can't hear much pass 12.5KHz, but I think the Jupiter's will smooth out the high end for me anyway.
They will for sure! Really makes them smooth as butter! Detailed without the fatigue.
 
Not going to say the Jupiter aren't great, but I'm sticking with Obbligato. Just don't understand why the ultra cheap stock Erse caps. ****, I think Daytons might be an upgrade over those.
 
Was a personal choice/chance, just figured I'd give them a try then saw no reason to change. Point is it was easy to improve over stock. However I then had to upgrade the caps on my other speakers to keep them worthwhile. And there are still legions (of unwashed heathens) who argue that caps don't make a difference.
 
Not going to say the Jupiter aren't great, but I'm sticking with Obbligato. Just don't understand why the ultra cheap stock Erse caps. ****, I think Daytons might be an upgrade over those.
Yeah, I can't see how Sean makes much $ on the upgrade kit, although I'm sure he gets volume discounts from Jupiter.
 
You just made my day.
Unwashed heathens. :deal: :bigok:
I guess I should look into that lamp cord I have been using.
I wash at least.... once a month.
 
I'm actually unsure if that post will be let to stand.
But at least "heathens" sort of rhymes with "legions".
FWIW I've used the wires pulled out of 14ga extension cords, the kind one would use with leaf blowers, for speaker wire. I think crossover caps are more important.
 
Sean said you could just use Romex.
And...... then there is the old solid vs stranded wire debate.
I think solid would just be a big PITA!
 
Back
Top Bottom