Dual CS 5000 Dust Cover & Hinges

prwallen01

oldturntableguy
Hi all. With everything everyone here has done/seen over the years I figured why not ask.
Has anyone ever used another dust cover/hinges on a Dual CS 5000/7000/Golden One.
I suspect there may be an alternative to the impossible to find originals. The last ones I could find sold on that auction site back in October (before I acquired the Dual) so now I am just waiting, and waiting, and waiting.......
Well, you get the idea.
I found one off a Dual 502 that looked like it would work but dimensions were all wrong.
I KNOW :) there is another option out there somewhere I just don't know what it is.
Has anyone ever found an alternative?
Thanks much,
Paul

You are stuck with finding the correct part. Nothing else in Dual crosses to that cover and hinges I am aware of. I'd like to be proven wrong, if someone knows please chime in with it.

Try organdonorparts.com. I picked up a 5000 cover from Rob last year.

Last edited:
Rob is great to deal with, a stand up guy. He's great to do business with. And great customer service. I've bought parts from this man.

Keep your eye on eBay they come up fairly often when someone parts out a CS 5000. My money is on you'll find those parts faily quick.

As far as the dust cover goes, have you tried turntable depot? They made me a cover for a Sansui SR-838 that I had at one time. The hinges, unfortunately only the originals will work. Keep checking E-bay, people tend to part them occasionally.

Hey All,
Thanks guys for the input.
I decided to take a little different approach instead of waiting for something to show up on ebay.
I have ordered a custom cover from JMK and a set of the "Linn" hinges. (I did verify that they (hinges) do fit the slots on the CS 5000)
As long as everything works I will add the details on the custom cover so that others in need will have a solution.
The total for both came to <$120 (including shipping) and I consider that a bargain. :banana:
Stay tuned......more to come.

Finally received the custom cover and hinges (I have no patience). Fits perfectly and works just like it should. I will add some pictures later.
I think this is a very viable option to waiting/searching for an original cover and hinges. I have not tried another cartridge yet (for clearance issues with counter weight) but it works with plenty of room to spare with the Ortofon OM cartridge. Pictures later.

Finally received the custom cover and hinges (I have no patience). Fits perfectly and works just like it should. I will add some pictures later.
I think this is a very viable option to waiting/searching for an original cover and hinges. I have not tried another cartridge yet (for clearance issues with counter weight) but it works with plenty of room to spare with the Ortofon OM cartridge. Pictures later.

Hi prwallen01, could you please post the purchase details for this cover? I'm looking to do exactly what you've done! (assuming you've not developed any complaints since your last post)

Thanks!

Toofan,
I'll try and post the relevant details.
Below is listed the quote information received from JMK Displays. Overall dimensions and the cut out info (2 small). After you receive the quote you then provide the back panel cut out detail on a separate form (also shown). Mine could have bee a little better but because of how the cutouts were made it fit just fine. I've also included info on the "Linn" hinges and should still be available from House of Linn.

Length 16.25

Depth 13.5

Height 2.875

Thickness 1/8

Handles No Handles

Cut outs 2 small cut-outs

Inside Outside Inside

City Zip Camas, WA 98607

E mail

Hello:

We can quote the above turntable cover for $56.80 + S/H to your location for $20.35.

Let us know.

Thanks for your inquiry,

Jay

JMK Displays Inc.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 41
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 39
Back