The man, the myth, the legend..Paul Stubble?

sheltie dave

Addicted Member
In between creating my criminal defense, I noticed a couple ads on CL that jumped out. This one looks like it might be the real deal :thmbsp:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/1796082217.html

Pair of Altec Hartsfields - $25000
Date: 2010-06-16, 9:50PM CDT
Reply to: sale-vfxzv-1796082217@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

These were designed by Henry A. Altec the original owner of Altec when they were in Lansing, MI and where they started. The horns are about 36" wide and 18" tall at the opening and use the best driver ever created in the 616 model. They have the ultra rare 24" woofers, model 2410. Theses are using the exotic network electronics later created to match these by Paul Stubble in 1969, it's a daisy chain style design. These speakers will not work with digital amps and require a class G tube amp to power them. There is absolutely no difference between a live performance or a recording when using these. The Rolling Stones, Beattles, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, all used these in their recording studios and it's truly what made them stand out and become famous. This pair offered are the same ones used by Steely Dan when he recorded all of his albums. No Klipsch, no JBL's, no exotic speakers ever can compare to these Altec Hartsfields by Henry Altec. Paul Stubble took over Altec in 1965 and bought Klipsch and JBL to form Altec Lansing. Under his ownership James Lansing learned speakers and was allowed to lead the JBL division starting in 1983. That's how important Henry Altec and Paul Stubble are to the audio field. When Paul Klipsch died in 1955 it was all left up to Henry Altec to carry the torch and Paul Stubble to continue until recently. They own all the patents to the modern speaker of which every single company today still pays a license fee to use the design. Fortunately Paul held the best for himself and that's why no other company manufacture speakers today can equal the pur clarity of Altec speakers. When you buy the Altec Hartsfield you are buying the best, from Frank Sinatra to Green Day it is the state of the art studio speaker of choice. Sorry, the price is firm and I will not accept any lower offers.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1796082217

Note: I did not create, inspire, copy edit, or steal this ad in any way, shape, form, or photo. Heck, I didn't do anything except wake up and laugh in my coffee. Sue me if I got the words wrong.

Dang, how do you hide this edit tag? The feds are after me

Last edited:
Class G tube amp?...have I missed something in my studies:scratch2:....Sure, class G exist, but as far as I know, it's mainly for Solid State...

Real shame it won't work on a digital amp either, digital speakers are so expensive these days.

[on that note, are these speakers worth anthing near the asking price, I know some are up there, but that's crazy]

I've got a pair of Altec Hartsfields sitting in my E type Rolls Royce,next to a cubic sphere.:smoke:

He's talking about his neighbor, Paul, who had a famous last name and died in 1955!

I have class G amps for my RTR-DR1's, and they are definitely solid state. I sure can't figure out why those speakers won't play with solid state amps, nor why they would need "only" a class "G" amp.

I wonder if serious bidders get to hear them play through his Class G tube amplifiers? Maybe he has an old console amp that floated high voltages and someone told him it was Class G.

His speakers might be nice, but he appears to either be smoking a little too much wacky weed or passing a lot of gas. At the very least, in the tradition of oral histories, he is re-telling (with new enhancements) the story he heard when he paid too much for them.

I'm wondering about the patent comment.. :scratch2:

My :bs: meter is pretty well pegged

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm wondering about the patent comment.. :scratch2:

My :bs: meter is pretty well pegged

attachment.php

I agree completely!

Who the hell was Henry Altec? He had no relation to the company. Altec, something of a spin-off from Western Electric, was short for "all technical".

If I remember correctly, most patents are only good for 20 years. After that anyone can use the technology. I wonder what royalties are going back to the estates of anyone who died in 1955, or 1990 for that matter.

Perhaps this is his entry for the 2010 Liars Club?

The funniest line is ....the same ones used by Steely Dan when he recorded all of his albums....

After that check out the OPs even more outrageous response to that response!!!

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/1796508972.html

Dan Boston?? Peter Polk??? Richard Bose???

Well hell.. There's your problem right there... Retired CEO of Sparkomatic... FREAKIN FUNNY!!!!!

Glad to see he made finnbow happy too and dropped the Bose name.. :lmao:

I have a feeling someone is just trying to have a great time pulling legs..

Back
Top Bottom