We bought our first NEW car!

Strawman

Addicted Member
The wife and I finally pulled the trigger and stimulated the economy. Our first new car! Very exciting, I feel all grown up and stuff. We went to the North American Int'l Auto show kooking at the Chrysler 300, Buick Lacrose, etc. Saw the Hyundai Sonata and liked the features, price, etc. Decided to go for a test drive, while at the dealer, I saw the the XG350 in the lot, and thought it had a nice design, went back 2 days later to drive one, and it's so much nicer than the Sonata. It was replaced by the Azeera, which is more of a round, bubble top looking car, that seems to get good reviews, but I liked the more refined styling of the XG. Not too thrilled that it's name is Alpha numeric,, or that it's made offshore, but hey, it's a global economy right?
It's got heated seats, memory for the drivers seating and mirror positions, a garage door opener built into the rear view mirror, just all kinds of nice touches. The interior doesn't feel all "plasticky", maybe a little with the fake wood, burled walnut can get kind of pricey.
http://www.nctd.com/review-intro.cfm?Vehicle=2005_Hyundai_XG350&ReviewID=1707

Congrats Strawman! :thmbsp:

Gotta love that new car feeling! :yes:

Scott

Thanks guys, but all I get to do is smell it on her when she comes home, and make the payments. :D

Strawman said:
Thanks guys, but all I get to do is smell it on her when she comes home, and make the payments. :D

Isn't that the way it goes??? The woman gets the new car and we get stuck with the old one! :D

Scott

Hey, congrats! I've never owned a new car in my life. Enjoy it! I remember when I was a kid my mom bought the first new car our family ever owned. It was a '78 Chevy Malibu. I thought it was the coolest looking car ever!

Take care,

Ed

Its been 10 years since I had that new car smell. :thmbsp:
And now my truck just smells. :sigh:
But I still like my old truck.

That is a beautiful looking hunk of iron.
Enjoy it Steve, I know you will. :banana:
Terry

Fast_Eddie said:
Hey, congrats! I've never owned a new car in my life. Enjoy it! I remember when I was a kid my mom bought the first new car our family ever owned. It was a '78 Chevy Malibu. I thought it was the coolest looking car ever!

Take care,

Ed
Hey, those '78 Malibus still look nice - if you can find 'em. Closest I can come are Cutlass Supremes. Just not the same.

Strawman: your XG kinda looks to have shades of Mistubishi Diamante in it. That 5-speed automatic sounds tasty, and I love that wood/leather wheel.

GREAT!!!!! Now, preserve your lovely new gem with amsoil lubricants. My buddy had a 1982 Volvo 240 wagon, put 900000kms on it (570k miles) NO PROBLEMS. I SWEAR by the stuff...PM me & I'll explain....way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far out, guys! I'm 50-something and have never had a new car. A couple of years old is the newest I've had. The 'new' car I've had since Oct is a 1996 model--though, like yours, a hard-loaded TOTL model. I will say that HP has really increased in select models since my car was new.
Anyway, I hope your better half enjoys the new car.
My brother has solved that *problem* by driving a new F-150 crew cab leather and loaded. Of course, the wife's car is now about 3 or four years old and they're looking for a replacement. Never ending story with those two.
His *old* truck was super nice, and her car is still like new.

WhiskeyRebel said:
A brand-new bag of Lite Brite pegs smells exactly like the interior of a new car.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/01/31/toxic_cars/index.html

To quote:

"A Michigan environmental group is charging that at least part of the so-called "new car smell" is toxic, and that the interior of an automobile has dangerous levels of various chemicals."

You think loading up your pockets with new Lite Brite pegs might be a good way to attract the opposite sex? Forget pheremones, I got your new car smell right here...

Oh, and congrats Steve!

(Hope it's got a big trunk for all the speakers!) :yes:

Congrats and sharp ride! Now only if you could get a car with some curves like the babe in your avatar! My appologies if that's your SO. :para: MikE

I've always wondered about the bikini babe with the assault rifle, too!

Congrats Steve and that's a great choice. Hyundai ranks almost as well as Toyota and Honda now and they pack their cars with lots of value for the dollar. I've owned 2 new cars myself, but that was before the wife,kids and other money sucking accoutrament.

Mike

Way to go!I bought a new Hyundai Tiburon almost 2 years ago,and though it has had a few factory defects,Ive never had a company back their products as well as Hyundai has this one.You tell them the prob,they see if its common among that model,and replace the part,no questions asked.There was no upselling,and since Hyundai is trying to build a name for themselves,the dealers are great to deal with.I know youre going to enjoy the whole ownership experience.
Jimmy

Back
Top Bottom