Your top 3 American(ish) sports/muscle cars

If you're going with some more oddball stuff, I'm posting up the AMC Eagle SX/4. Real 4wd in a small sporty package!

29407950138_large.jpg

4510384921_0db94b2a36_z.jpg

Bob, I love your list because I love compacts :D

iloveamps, I've never heard of that car before but it sure looks cool as hell!

GT-40

113102d1235837952-saw-ford-gt-40-gt40.jpg

1965 Shelby Cobra 427SC

65-Shelby_Cobra-427SC_DV-08_CbS_1.jpg

1965 Fuel Injected Corvette Stingray

1965-Chevrolet-Corvette-Fuel-Injected-Coup-729x486-db7377c7dd98a5e6.jpg
=============================================================================

Truly, three of my all time favourites above [keeping me away from the '71 318 Challenger!] - but, latching on to that "ish" part
of the thread title: The Allard cars were a kind of stepping stone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers, og

Attachments

• C - Allard J2X Mk II-r.jpg
    C - Allard J2X Mk II-r.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 117
  • C - Allard J2X Mk ii .jpg
    C - Allard J2X Mk ii .jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 118
Here's a couple of tragically underrated American cars...

They're either hated on or they don't get any love at all.

I love specifically the first-gen CTS.
slide01.jpg

The plateform under the Mustang's first significant redesign in 30 years was based on this car
04_LincolnLS_Pic1.jpg

And this is the most fun on 4 wheels and 8 cylinders an American company has sold in decades.
pontiac-gto-nose.jpg

slide01.jpg

A 'mate' of mine in Toronto bought his Dad [well into his 70s] one of the first 'CTSs'. He sent it back after a month - but it took him two weeks to admit to his son that it scared him half-to-death! :D

Cheers, og

Looks like a full on racer Carol is leaning against. I'd drive that.

The Dodge...well I guess if I had one in the garage I'd polish it up and send it to Barrett Jackson then I'd buy all three of my cars and a garage to put it in.

And the Judge, cool but those big fat body styles never did it for me. It does have a back seat though!

Hey BadassBob,
That GLHS pic brought back some memories! What a crazy fast little rig. A buddy had one, spent (too) many nights in it flooring it, doing j slides and the such.
Thanks for the pic!
Mike

slide01.jpg

The plateform under the Mustang's first significant redesign in 30 years was based on this car
04_LincolnLS_Pic1.jpg

And this is the most fun on 4 wheels and 8 cylinders an American company has sold in decades.
pontiac-gto-nose.jpg

The GTO, I definitely agree with...the other 2 are a couple of the biggest piles of shit a domestic auto maker has ever made. The 1st gen CTS had tons of issues, and the Lincoln LS is a pile all the way around. Theres a reason you dont see many LSes anymore, because theyre all in the junkyard with seized engines ;).

vintage:

DSCN4096.jpg

DSCN4510.jpg

RRTires001.jpg

I am a sucker for companies that had offerings in the muscle car era but are no longer with us.

I need to rescue a 68 Cutlass and a Marauder X-100 to round it out.

I was conceived in the back of a Tri-Power GTO, came home from the hospital in a 68 442, don't remember the 69 Z-28 or 70 Chevelle SS we had briefly, but from 70 - 76 I remember first day of school and everything in this- if only they had not sold it in 76.

our1969daytona-1.jpg

Last edited:
The GTO, I definitely agree with...the other 2 are a couple of the biggest piles of shit a domestic auto maker has ever made. The 1st gen CTS had tons of issues, and the Lincoln LS is a pile all the way around. Theres a reason you dont see many LSes anymore, because theyre all in the junkyard with seized engines ;).

Oh well Bob, I happen to like all 3 quite a bit. I see some LS's around still. For the longest while I lusted after a 3.6 liter 5-spd first gen CTS. Finicky issues be damned. :D

091012_26_FordThunderbirdSuperCoupe.jpg

jeremy-prine-ford-taurus-sho-turbo.jpg

33204550001_large.jpg

Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe
Ford Taurus SHO (not the v8 one or ugly ass new one)
And The 3rd gen Camaro z28

I know there not that great, but I love them!

Last edited:
I've only had the chance to drive two Corvettes: A cousin had a late-60s 427 that was, in a word, scary. A guy I worked with saved money for YEARS so he could walk into a Chevy dealer & order just what he wanted. He ended up with, IIRC, a 78 Corvette w/L82, close-ratio 4 speed, gymkhana suspension, A/C delete and an AM radio. Best way to describe that car was "athletic":D

And, badassBob...I've always had a soft spot for those turbo Mopars. My wife & I bought a Sundance ES Turbo brannew in '87. Air, tilt, cruise, windup windows and a 5 speed. A blast of a car...2nd was THE gear:) I also lusted after one of those hotrod Dodge Spirits, too.

Back
Top Bottom