McIntosh MC-275 Mark V Opening Day!!! Take a Look

barrynsue

Hi folks,

While I know most of you on this particular forum have had the pleasure of opening a McIntosh component, I thought it may be fun to show just how well they are packed for those aspiring to do acquire what we all know is some of the best ever!

I was also not sure if anyone had posted any shots of their New MC-275 Mark V amps yet so figured what the heck. My intentions was to show it from opening to the final product but loaded the pictures wrong. Oh well, all can get the idea. :yes:

Mc275MarkV031.jpg

Mc275MarkV029.jpg

Mc275MarkV024.jpg

Mc275MarkV018.jpg

Mc275MarkV016.jpg

Mc275MarkV014.jpg

Mc275MarkV013.jpg

Mc275MarkV012.jpg

Mc275MarkV009.jpg

Mc275MarkV006.jpg

More in the next post.

Barry

Packaging is top notch although someone with dirty hands left their mark inside the box!

Mc275MarkV005.jpg

Mc275MarkV004.jpg

Mc275MarkV003.jpg

Mc275MarkV0022.jpg

Mc275MarkV001.jpg

Mc275MarkV033.jpg

I was a little careless in some of the pics as I was excited about the new amp and did not use a steady hand as is normally the case. However, after a day like I had, it is no wonder. I will leave that story for another day but felt like I was in the middle of a "COPS" taping. Needed a drink after it was all over and I was only being used as a negotiator for the Police!:uzi:

barrynsue

I know the excitement.

Post more photos when everything is in place.

atuque

Congrats on your MC275 purchase! Now you need to hook it up to the Zu Druids and let us know how the combo works out for you.:thmbsp:

I remember emailing the seller of a new Mc275 MKIV awhile back that I had, because I did not realize the tubes where in the foam inside the cage...

Doh!

Severely cool Barry, congratulations!

Thanks for the serious eye candy too! :tresbon:

Carl

Man, that is one fine looking piece of audio gear! Hard to explain to non-McIntosh owner the satisfaction one gets from opening and seeing the quality of a McIntosh amp. I can see now why some have both SS and tube.

PHC1 said:
Congrats on your MC275 purchase! Now you need to hook it up to the Zu Druids and let us know how the combo works out for you.:thmbsp:

Serge,

The Zu Druids are STILL in the box! I promise that they will be hooked up soon. As I had mentioned before, I need to do some rearranging in the ol' mancave as there is just too much "stuff" sitting around to give them the proper setting they deserve. I still have not moved the Altec Model 19's in either as I guess my Khorns have been sufficient.

Hopefully, I will be around for awhile so eveything will be listened to in due course. I forgot about a pair of Bohlender Graebener Radia Series R40i Planar speakers that are still in the box from a couple of years ago and they may just have to go up on the auction block as I doubt I will ever need them. I was planning on using them for my HT set-up but I doubt I will ever get around to that as it is just not that big of a deal for me. I like HT but not quite like a 2-channel system.

Barry

WhiteSE said:
I remember emailing the seller of a new Mc275 MKIV awhile back that I had, because I did not realize the tubes where in the foam inside the cage...

Doh!
Yes, that was hilarious. :)

Carl

Last edited:
WhiteSE said:

Doh!

That's the reason we publish these things as we know some are more "challenged" than others. I believe you are a teacher?!!:D

Just kidding you know as I recall the first time I used a MX-110 with my TT, I thought something was wrong with the unit. I called someone a little more familiar than I was at the time and he first asked if I had read the manual (no) and if I had ever looked at the top section that had the PHONO volume controls. Never thought about that as they were inside the cabinet! Oh well, we live an learn!

You'll like that amp Barry! Good to see they improved the binding posts.
What other changes are there between the MK V and the MK IV?

I have a 275 MK IV on the mid/tweeter panels of a pair of Infinity RS1b. A great combo.

I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your new amp.

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

beemer said:
You'll like that amp Barry! Good to see they improved the binding posts.
What other changes are there between the MK V and the MK IV?

I have a 275 MK IV on the mid/tweeter panels of a pair of Infinity RS1b. A great combo.

I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your new amp.

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

Thanks Paul,

steve Hoffman just posted a thread in regard to this in his Tone Audio column that he just notified us in another post. I have copied his post below:

Take a look:

http://www.tonepublications.com/TA-mag.htm

Click on DOWNLOAD ISSUE 9.

Also please note the article "TONE ON TOUR" that starts on page 50. You'll see two beauty shots of our own RON C. (the McIntosh Maven!)

The issue might take a minute to download to a PDF but well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom