Quiz... What's this? (Nudiessss)

New Toy in Town... guess... First Clue: A healthy Preamp (colled Control Amp) HE HE !!:smoke: Some curiosities: RIAA response stated 1Hz-30KHz +0 -0.2 !!! for MM ; 300 Vms rise time for Flat Amp!! ; THD < 0.005% .... see ...
Made (well, as it used to be) in Japan in 1980.

Attachments

• IMG_0880w.jpg
    IMG_0880w.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0881w.jpg
    IMG_0881w.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0884w.jpg
    IMG_0884w.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0886w.jpg
    IMG_0886w.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0897w.jpg
    IMG_0897w.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 126
Mmmm... nope Dr.! Is from the land of the rising sun... Is a rare combo, with it's mating power amp, as Axel Said in his site!!.... (maybe a "vault search") ....:smoke:

A big step closer!!!!!! but.... Noooo, Noooo , Noo (as said by Ami Winehouse)
I 'll end in minutes with this mistery (I can't stand the stress)

OK Guys !! This is for you, Kindred spirits!
TEAC PA-7

Attachments

• IMG_0911w.jpg
    IMG_0911w.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0898w.jpg
    IMG_0898w.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0908w.jpg
    IMG_0908w.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0907w.jpg
    IMG_0907w.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0902w.jpg
    IMG_0902w.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 87
It was the centered volume knob that threw me off! :D I kept seeing the flat selectors and thinking 'Yamaha C Series'. The only reason I said Sony was because they were the only ones I could think of at the moment that labeled their preamps as control amps. Go figure. Nice machine, BTW :thmbsp:

BTW, tomorrow i'll post it's partner... MA-7.... FFFFFFFFFFF 150W/8 250W/4 , 0.003 THD, 120 msec risetime , 120dB S/N , Dual Mono, 100 damping F .....:music:

OK! my little digital camera came back! It was stolen by my daughter... femme fatale.... Here you can see an MA-7... it sounds beautiful, it feels VERY, VERY conservative rated at 150W/8.... 22KG.
Cheers,
Mar

Attachments

• IMG_0922w.jpg
    IMG_0922w.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0923w.jpg
    IMG_0923w.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0924w.jpg
    IMG_0924w.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1093w.jpg
    IMG_1093w.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1094w.jpg
    IMG_1094w.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 30
OK! my little digital camera came back! It was stolen by my daughter... femme fatale.... Here you can see an MA-7... it sounds beautiful, it feels VERY, VERY conservative rated at 150W/8.... 22KG.
Cheers,
Mar

Mar, very cool, I'm in the market for something similar, will it play nice in the 2ohm range? Sure looks like it would, with those big as your hand trannies and caps. I'm diggin' the Marantz blue power light, I wish it had big VU's in that color:D Nice!

Craig

Hi Craig! thanx for your words! I think it could do fine with psicho-speakers that goes down to 2 ohms frecuently, but I wouldn't consider less than specified 4 ohms nominal or summed speakers to be on the safe side!!
As for big VU meteres I dream on those Technics beasts SE-A1... class A ... :drool:

Hi Craig! thanx for your words! I think it could do fine with psicho-speakers that goes down to 2 ohms frecuently, but I wouldn't consider less than specified 4 ohms nominal or summed speakers to be on the safe side!!
As for big VU meteres I dream on those Technics beasts SE-A1... class A ... :drool:

Ditto, I lost out on the SE A5MK2, too rich for me at almost $600 + $72 s/h, my 'Logans hang around 4 with dips in the 2's around 20kHz played hard, not much music content up there anyway. I really envy you that Teac set-up! and my speakers have been called sick by many, I just think it whenever I hear 'em:D

Craig

I love how that amp seems to be almost exactly the same on both sides inside. Like a mirror-imaged amplifier. :music: I bet that does more than a few good things for the sound quality. :scratch2:

Very nice!:thmbsp:

I was going to guess Nakamichi because of the "N's" silkscreened on the boards.:D I would have been so wrong, lol.

Well, I was going to guess something even more expensive than most of the other guesses (like Luxman or Accuphase), until I scrolled down and saw the answer was given away already. Why? That volume control is the legendary ALPS "Black Beauty", not something you find everyday inside even REALLY expensive gear.

But then again, the boards didn't really look like any of the Luxman circuit boards I've ever dealt with, so I was just as lost as anyone else might have been!

BrassTeacher, I was in a hurry and didn't like to bother too much ... , BTW I Have some equipment actually impossible to find out, next post maybe...:scratch2:
That Teac Combo is first class, built like the best of the 70's in 1980, I think they said "let's show them we know about this, too" and that was made in a kind of Partnership with TANNOY, they sold a system in Japan with PA-7 / MA-7 with the ARMONIA badge driving Tannoy's TOTL at that year...
How does it sound?.... ahhh and mmmmmm, all is where it has to, SOLID imaging (thanks to absolute simmetry ????....:yes:) , High definition but absolute natural, I can't speak here of Low/Mid/High ... You know.. you ends listening all the test tracks as an idiot :D

Back
Top Bottom