• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I have seen (and heard) the "Audio Promised Land"

Snade

humble AK member
The Event: Lawn party at AK member "Powerman" (Dave) at his home in northern Illinois (McHenry county) on Saturday (June 9).

What we saw and heard: one of the most incredible collections of audio equipment in a personal residence in north america.

Thanks to Dave and his wife for hosting such a nice party. I will never forget it.

Snade (Mark)

Photos below:
speaker_set_2_with_powerman.jpg
speaker_set_1_backside.jpg
speaker_set_1_closer_a.jpg speaker_set_1_from_porch.jpg speaker_set_1_wider.jpg speaker_set_2.jpg


Some quick notes:

- the sound was bigger than any outdoor concert I have heard, but also very clear - no distortion (incredible)

- Dave let us audition our own CD mix and I played some Green Day, Foo Fighters and Snow Patrol, again incredible.

- Dave's neighbors are friends and very understanding, but yes, two of the county sheriff's finest did show up and ask Dave to turn it down a bit. They also stayed for a couple minutes to listen to and admire Dave's system.

Related AK postings:

Powerman's original invite to the party:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111378

Post by Powerman talking about getting ready for the party:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109472

Thanks again, Dave

Cheers, Snade
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Plain Friggin Amazing!!!

:drool: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :drool:
Thanks for posting the pic's Mark,Hats off to you
Powerman Dave,What a collection!!!
I am so glad some of you neighbors are friends,
Are they friendly in the next County also!?!
Wow-Mark.
 
:banana: :drool:

what an enormous collection of speakers...
I want those 2 krell reference amps, 400 watts of pure class A :drool:
(no room for the speakers :thumbsdn: )

audio promised land indeed...

but, what if it suddenly starts raining???

rock on,
Bert.
 
bigstereo said:
Where's the beer?

Here it is. :D


beer.jpg
 
Beer and food were on the table by the house. The Krell KMA400's are 400
watts per channel @ 8 ohms. During the setup in the rush I plugged two into
the same 20 amp line and took out a fuse on the one. Had the cops here
for the 2nd time for the last sound check. The 2 largest systems were run
with 8 amplifiers total. With shooter muffs on we got 132db peak at 40ft.
1 song and the cops said enough is enough. Did not go for the 3rd time
or it would be the crowbar hotel for the night. The rest of the people left
went inside to watch concerts in the HT. We ended at 1AM. My poor
wife is ill today. To much to drink. To the members that showed you
are on the list for the next one this fall at a big hall. This one will be the
biggest and baddest one as my wife will turn 50. Thanks to AK for the
meeting of some great guys and ladies:thmbsp:
 
I'd liked to have heard the 1st couple o' bars from "Slow Ride" by Foghat on that Bad Boy...Bein' the Unreconstructed Redneck I am....<grin>
 
JBL Showtime!!!

It does 70salesguy good to see all those JBL's and Crown Amps. :thmbsp:

There is still hope for a better world!!! :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom