• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hoping to get done this weekend

powerman

Super Member
Finally some nice weather. Now I can paint and do some wood cutting
Just have to finish the mid-high frequency sleigh :music:
1.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I very rarely use the much over-used word, "awesome", but this time I'm at least tempted... WOW!!! :yikes:

Please, please post more detailed info on these.:yes:
 
Some Assembly Required

Upper cabinets finished today. Speakers total height 92''
Components to be used per speaker 2-JBL2225H woofers
JBL 2360 Horn with 2482 mid compression
JBL 2373 Horn with 2407 high compression
JBL 3160 Xover and active for highs now
Xover frequencies 500hz Passive/ Active at 4.6 to 5Khz
With some help from my neighbor Jason

1.jpg
 
So that's your computer setup. What do you use for far field listening?

Egads man, when you told me you were into JBL horns I didn't know you meant you could actually get into them. Let me know when you put the power to them and I'll stand outside and see if I can hear. It's only 400 miles.

Ray
 
Man, someone must have a MAJOR man cave to put those in! 'Em are huge! Did those come out of a theater?
 
I've heard someone refer to paintings and speakers as "good enough to live in", but never before have I thought about speakers "BIG enough to live in"!

I think these deserve an "Audio Cajones" award! I'll bet they sound fantastic.

I'm tempted to say...
With those for the rears, I can't wait to see what you come up with for the main theater speakers!
...But the thought worries me... I'm afraid I'll go deaf when you crank them up, as there is only the Pacific Ocean and a few States to dissapate the volume over...

No, seriously - those look like seriously good-sounding speakers, very well-made. Congratulations on a job well done, and I don't need to add "enjoy them" :music: - you'll enjoy them twice as much, since they were a DIY assembly. :yes: :thmbsp:
 
Arkay said:
...But the thought worries me... I'm afraid I'll go deaf when you crank them up, as there is only the Pacific Ocean and a few States to dissapate the volume over...

The US military should have confiscated them and used them in "operation shock and awe":thmbsp: I'm at least 2000 miles away but I'm sure I'll hear them on a still night.:music:
 
Finished and listening

Amazed at how well these sound as a 3 way. The JBL 2407H/ BMS 4540
high frequency driver really puts out some nice sound for its size.
A AK member stopped by with some music to give a run and was
impressed at how clear they sounded. Driving them to the limits
of the amp got 126db @ 1 meter. The JBL 6290 amp ran out of
gas at over 600WPC into the bottom end. Love the way they
sound at 20 ft. just enough distance to let the big horns
disperse. Next test to use some different electronic Xovers
and some class A amps. Second picture shows some off the
equipment used today.:music:

1.jpg

2.jpg
 
WOW Wow wow....

Very Impressive!!!!!! You've got great taste, and some mad skillz... :) Hope you don't mind me using you as an example to show my wife I'm not so crazy for the system in our living room.. :P~ Those are what I consider proper size speakers :) I'm jealous
 
Front runner for the Zilch 2007 DIY Madness Award!

Five thumbs: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:
 
Ref the JBL 2482s. Just wondering what (if anything) you have done to them?
Are you using the OEM Diaphragm(old/new) or the Radian replacement and did you get them recharged? BTW, I'm using the 2380A in a short throw corner (KD2 horn) setup and love it. Very nice setup you have...
 
Back
Top Bottom