• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Voice of Music "Colonnade Series Model 81"

auxtech66

Active Member
Can anyone here provide me with specs on these speakers? I will be picking up the pair later today. Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • VOM.jpg
    VOM.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 81
Register to hide this ad
I'd buy them just for the cabinets. Look at how much work went into them. If you don't like the sound of the current setup, you can always put better drivers in there. I had some nice vintage cabinets with rotten drivers. I changed the drivers out with newer technology drivers and now have the best of both worlds.
 
I'd buy them just for the cabinets. Look at how much work went into them. If you don't like the sound of the current setup, you can always put better drivers in there. I had some nice vintage cabinets with rotten drivers. I changed the drivers out with newer technology drivers and now have the best of both worlds.

Good point, nice tables if nothing else
 
They actually sound much better than I would have thought. I am running them with a Kenwood KR-5150 which at 40wpc, seems about right. I redid the cabinets, which are all wood, and they do look beautiful. I will say, it took some time for them to sound good. But, it appears they were sitting for a long time, and considering they are from 1967, I guess that make sense. I would say they are worth that money :)
 
Looks look almost like Altec La Paz Commode end table speaker cabinets that go with the Flamenco series speakers. They came with 601 speakers in them. Want to sell em?
 
These are what mine look like...

CIMG2707.jpg


And inside...

CIMG2714.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom