• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD124 Dust Cover

bliss53

Active Member
I over-heated the acrylic and got some bubbles...but it keeps the dust off.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 199
Register to hide this ad
VERY impressive.

How did you form the center clamp section? You use any special tools?

Although I haven't yet started on my TD124 restore project, I was already thinking how I might create a dust cover.
 
You could use a MAP gas torch to flame polish those edges, it would make quite a difference. Very nice implementation, I haven't even considered starting my TD 124 MKI project. Does the record weight sit on top to help hold on the dust cover?

Kim
 
Sorry I have not responded. The record weight is not needed to hold the cover. I drilled a hole for the spindle. I just sat the weight there for the picture.

I things the things you are calling center clamps are just some feet that rest on the armboard and they have a short lip to catch the armboard on either side. These carry the overhang weight and the lips keep the cover from rotating into the tonearm. I made them from 3/4 pine, painted them black to match the armboard and put felt on the foot and lip parts.

I will post a picture this Friday is is simpler than it sounds.

As for the edges I will try the torch. I sanded on a disk sander and then with 150 grit orbiting sander.
 
This was the first bent one. Freehand bending and not quite square.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02174.jpg
    DSC02174.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hello,

how do you form that? What do you use to warm an acrylic layer?

I would like to make the same for my TD145m mkII.

Thank you for any reply.

With kind regards.

Piotr.
 
Back
Top Bottom