• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Musical Fidelity & April Music

davidro

Lunatic Member
FxCam_1365136257533_zps380393ac.jpg


Arrived.
 
Register to hide this ad
Ok I spill the beans... MF M1 DAC has replaced the NuForce uDac at my office for the time being. The M1 is going home with me tonight after work though.
 
Ok I spill the beans... MF M1 DAC has replaced the NuForce uDac at my office for the time being. The M1 is going home with me tonight after work though.

I'm going to be watching and waiting for your detailed review of both:D. Very exciting! Congrats on the new gear.
 
Wow that's quite an upgrade!

sure is. i really didn't wanna deprive my office setup of the M1 as i left work :sigh:

I'm going to be watching and waiting for your detailed review of both:D. Very exciting! Congrats on the new gear.

u know we seem to share similar stuff here. i still have the Nano and Spendor is known for a relatively darker voice than its English friends like my AR :D

I've listened to a couple of classical music CDs through the Stello & M1 combo. V nice. I love the aesthetics of the Stello.
 
Man...I've had the Stello Signiture DAC and Stello CDT 100 transport...fine gear. I suspect the M1 DAC may give it a more "sweeter" sound and less analytical than the Stello Class A SS DAC though. It will also run cooler as the Stello DAC gets hot.
 
Last edited:
yeah man i know u once had the combo which apparently is a killer setup too. i really like this new digital rig tho. big sound. that's how i'd sum it for the time being.
 
it's interesting how my vinyl rig has gotten more digital-like (detailed & quiet) and my digital rig became more vinyl-like (sound real & big).
 
not say its not..but dont want my vinyl sounding like digital....shoot, dont even want my digital sounding like digital.
 
Top shelf digital sounds great. No shame in saying something sounds like digital...especially now that digital has come so far. I don't want my digital to sound analog, I want it to sound good. That's all that matters. Glad you are happy with the new digital rig, David.
 
Top shelf digital sounds great. No shame in saying something sounds like digital...especially now that digital has come so far. I don't want my digital to sound analog, I want it to sound good. That's all that matters. Glad you are happy with the new digital rig, David.

Top shelf digital sounds great to some...only if the sound is pleasing to the listener. I know guys who wont own a digital rig due to its sound. The other way around can be said as well. But not all top shelf CDP's have that digital sound either.

I like my top shelf digital to sound less analytic but more smooth like in presentation yet with more dynamic and romance like my vinyl. Not the other way around where there is a cold response. One top shelf digital player that had that digital sound to my ears...Krell. No thanks... Nice to have a market for our different likes.

Not saying Davids rig sound like that....pretty sure it doesn't knowing what the stello units have to offer as well as MF.
 
Last edited:
i still prefer the sound of good vinyl over digital any day. but that dont mean i wont listen to digital as that means i'll lose too much of recorded music, which is y i got a new digital rig and its performing pretty good. and as i said digital has its own merits that are lacking in vinyl.

anyone whos heard the stello transport can probably imagine what it would do to the sound of the mf dac. stable, solid and what some might call prat....

plus im vain and superficial. i love the clamping mechanism with tray-less, no-nonsense top loading system...! kewl.
 
Back
Top Bottom