• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity Reference Six

Register to hide this ad
Yeah I can help ya out a little on this one... I just got a set of em the other day! Picked em up off ebay for 200 for a pair! They sound awesome! Definatly live up to the Infinity name, extremly crisp highs, tight full lows, and the 2 mid ranges give a incredibly full sound to music. I hear little details out of these that I never heard on my Cerwin Vegas.

Here are the specs...
Frequency Response: 35Hz - 40kHz (+/-3dB)
Crossover Frequency(ies): 200Hz, 1.5kHz, 4kHz
Sensitivity: 90dB (1 watt/1 meter)
Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
Power Rating: 35 - 225 watts
Woofer: 10" (25.4cm) IMG
Mid-Bass Driver: 6" (15.2cm) IMG
Midrange Driver: 5" (12.7cm)
Tweeter: EMIT-R



And here are a couple pics.
38_1.JPG


19_1.JPG
 
macaltec,

I've got the Reference threes of these (I think may be Series threes?). A 3-way design with a polycell tweeter. Look just like these minus a driver. Really nice speakers rated at 6 ohms, they don't strain my amp at all. In my opinion, they are a well-balanced and clean-sounding speaker, very neutral.

Due to a side effect of a non-ear injury (nerve damage), I've developed some hearing quirks. Occasionally, when the side effect is acting up, the tweeters in my beloved Boston Acoustics A-70s and my Design acoustics PS-10s cause me too much pain to listen to. The Infinities, sporting that Polycell tweeter, have yet to cause this reaction. The polycell isn't anything like an EMIT-R, but that doesn't make it a bad thing in my opinion- just a different presentation of the highs. most likely not as bright.

Mine may not be as sharp as mr bowties with the EMITs, as they may be the "Series", not "Reference" threes, I'll dig them out to verify tomorrow. I'm guessing the drivers are all similiar except for the tweeter- same look, the black graphite cones look the same, I'm pretty sure that's what the cones are made of. Sorry for not being able to be more specific. Maybe the "reference" moniker is reserved for the EMIT step up over the "series" poly?

Speaking of hearing issues, I played these for my uncle, who's afflicted with hearing loss from a childhood injury, said these were clear as a bell when he heard them, and smiled when I played them for him (his biggest issues with speakers are too-bright, screechy highs and boomy and/or muddy,sloppy bass).

My next test is to find something my father, who recently lost 80%+ of his hearing, can listen to. He's yet to hear these, i'll let you know how it goes.

ps- By the way, I had decided to sell these to make room for some other additions, but am now having second thoughts as they are such a pleasant sounding speaker. It might just be the neutrality that has won me over.
 
Last edited:
Hello fellow Ma AK'r. got two pair of these speakers, one oak, one black finish. Both came from CL, one pr form Waltham, and other pr from Milford. Both refoamed, the black ones are currently serving as front mains in my HT, w/ a CC3 as center. They were also just recapped, and wow, did that make a huge difference in the clarity, soundstage, and highs. Well worth the money, and to do right, these have a bunch of caps in them. Not Infinity's top speakers, but it is certainly the best I have ever owned.
My two cents, Stu
 
Back
Top Bottom