• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

realistic sta-2300 on Ebay

Register to hide this ad
1982
STA-2300 - The very last of the 120 watt per channel analog receivers sold by Radio Shack. The analog meters were replaced by LEDs, a sure sign we're in the early 1980s. Utilizes a 4-gang front end and 3 280 kHz ceramic filters. Not very selective stock, but can be aligned to get a sensitivity spec of at least 2 uV. Has that tubby sound many Realistic receivers were known for.
 
Bigyank said:
HERE

Local to me! :banana:

I think I am going to go for it!

Yank

I saw that one too! A very clean reciever with docs! I never noticed this before but it looks just like my STA-2100 except the meters have been replaced with LED's! :scratch2:
 
I picked up one of these at a yard sale this weekend. It is a very well built receiver. The transformer is huge. It has two 15,000uf filter caps and lots of high quality parts like alps switches.

Mine seems to be in protection mode so if anyone knows where I can get a schematic or service manual, please let me know.

- Pete
 
Most Radio Shack fans I know say get the STA-2100, not the STA-2100D or the STA-2300. It's just better built than the other and was the high point for Rat Shack. Just search around here and you'll find out. I'd say focus on a STA-2100.

-- Chris
 
LBPete said:
I picked up one of these at a yard sale this weekend. It is a very well built receiver. The transformer is huge. It has two 15,000uf filter caps and lots of high quality parts like alps switches.

Mine seems to be in protection mode so if anyone knows where I can get a schematic or service manual, please let me know.

- Pete

Guess that explains why it was at the yard sale. Hope you can get it working.

-- Chris
 
vintagestereo said:
Most Radio Shack fans I know say get the STA-2100, not the STA-2100D or the STA-2300. It's just better built than the other and was the high point for Rat Shack. Just search around here and you'll find out. I'd say focus on a STA-2100.

-- Chris
No argument that the STA-2100 is a better receiver but passing up a clean 2300 while searching for a 2100 would be a little like passing on a Sansui G-9700 because the G-9000 is a better receiver.

Baised on the one I have on my bench right now, the 2300 has first rate build quality comperable to anyting from the Jap big 3 of the era. I do need to get it working to judge the sound quality but overall I'd say it falls into the catagory of under rated TOTL receivers. If there is one close by, grab it.

- Pete
 
I have the STA-2100 and I agree it is the "best" that RS offered. It has the toroidal transformer, 120wpc, and is a beautiful unit! I also have the STA-2200 that some consider the second best offering from RS with it's mosfet amplifier. The STA-2300, while not the best ever RS reciever, is still a desireable unit. Interestingly, I talked to a former RS manager one time who was with RS during the 70's and 80's. He considered the STA-2300 the best they ever offered, saying it simply sounded better....so go figure!:)
 
Couple years ago I sold a beautiful STA-2100 to a member of our own forum. I think I sold it for $125 + shipping. Mint. Not a scratch. I'm still waiting for that individual to say "Hey thanks, it arrived safe and sound, and it's beautiful."

I already know it arrived cause it was signed for.
 
The more I think about it, I think I sold it for a buck a watt (my standard) which means the individual got it for $120, not $125. Didn't even get the courtesy of a thank you.
 
i kinda like them also

I have an STA 2000 from rat shack and think its a decent reciever, im sue the 2300 and 2100 are also good.... what speakers r you gonna run with that baby? (the 1 that i have was my brothers very first big reciever, then he went into the Sansui big Gs) Let me know what you think about it when you plug er in.....Michael... :music:
 
I have an STA-2300 and really like it. I am not currently using it (no room for 2 huge receivers), but I am looking forward to getting a bigger place so that it can get back into action. It sounded great with my AR-5's...plenty of power for hungry speakers. :yes:
 
I Like It

I am running a 2300 and I like it. built like a tank. I cant pick them apart about the tuners but it sure can pick up allot of stations.
 
Toasted Almond said:
The more I think about it, I think I sold it for a buck a watt (my standard) which means the individual got it for $120, not $125. Didn't even get the courtesy of a thank you.

Toasted - That's RUDE!!!! Hope he cranked it and it blew up on him!!!! :D

-- Chris
 
Back
Top Bottom