• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

realistic sta-2300 on Ebay

I bought one of these new as a gift for my little brother. . .IIRC RS was blowing them out at a model change so I bought it right. . . At the time my brother was using my 1050 and the only way for me to get it back was to replace it. . .We ran the 1050 and this 2300 side by side. . .The Pio devoured it on all counts. . . However he uses it rarely and still has it. . . .
 
LBPete said:
No argument that the STA-2100 is a better receiver but passing up a clean 2300 while searching for a 2100 would be a little like passing on a Sansui G-9700 because the G-9000 is a better receiver.

Baised on the one I have on my bench right now, the 2300 has first rate build quality comperable to anyting from the Jap big 3 of the era. I do need to get it working to judge the sound quality but overall I'd say it falls into the catagory of under rated TOTL receivers. If there is one close by, grab it.

- Pete

Pete - I like your analogy.....with one exception: The G-9000 is a FAR better Receiver than the G-9700. One look inside makes that abundantly obvious. I've had a G-9700 and own a G-9000. I'd pass over the lesser stuff to get the GREAT stuff any time.

-- Chris
 
That's true if you are looking for the one receiver you are going to keep until you die. Part of the fun of this hobby is the thrill of discovery. It's why we go out of our way to peruse thrift store, yard sales, swap meets.

I'll bring home almost anything if the price and or convenience is right. I suspect that there are many others that fall into that category. I found my STA-2300 at a yard sale. It's size and weight told me it was a quality piece. The price was right and it's in my garage now. Never once did I think, I'll pass on this because what I really want is a BA-5000 or STA-2100.

The STA-2300 was realistic’s top of the line receiver in it’s day. I’ll get it working and see if it fits into my collection of TOTL receivers. If not, I understand they are bringing a good price on ebay.

We all seek the holy grail but in the mean time, a nice tin cup is just fine.

- Pete
 
Tough

gyusher said:
I bought one of these new as a gift for my little brother. . .IIRC RS was blowing them out at a model change so I bought it right. . . At the time my brother was using my 1050 and the only way for me to get it back was to replace it. . .We ran the 1050 and this 2300 side by side. . .The Pio devoured it on all counts. . . However he uses it rarely and still has it. . . .
The realistics are nice. There is always a suspicion that the Realistics were Pioneers . or made by the same companys in Japan?.
 
The 2300 that I have was made in Korea but then so were some Pioneer models.

- Pete
 
You do know this thread is 4 years old?

Post a thread in the Digital Docs forum and something should come up.
 
Back
Top Bottom