• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha MC-1x

the-real-mandak

Super Member
I had a couple of TT's that came in the other day and going thru the lot I found this stuck at the end of one arm.
 

Attachments

  • MC-1x on.jpg
    MC-1x on.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 72
  • MC-1x up.jpg
    MC-1x up.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
  • MC-1x up1.jpg
    MC-1x up1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 55
Register to hide this ad
It was the TOTL from Yamaha in 1979 -1982 (together with the MC-1s), then replaced by the MC-1000. The price back then was about $260.

Kanaltrennung: > 28dB
Kanalbalance: < 1dB
Output Voltage: 0.2 mV
Tracking Force: 1.8 - 0,2g (recommended)
Stylus Profile: Elliptical, 8x40µ, diamond
Cantilever: Berylium, tapered pipe
Features: One-point suspension, universal mount, silver integral body
Cartridge Impedence: 30 ohms
 
I have a too well used standard mount MC1 -- loved it to death and don't have the dough to retip. Its a great cartridge, and worth getting a heap amp or transformer for if you don't have such.
 
Nat said:
I have a too well used standard mount MC1 -- loved it to death and don't have the dough to retip. Its a great cartridge, and worth getting a heap amp or transformer for if you don't have such.

Is you're a MC-1s or MC-1x?

I am running my thru the Yamaha C-2x preamp.

Where can I get a retip done?
 
Back
Top Bottom