• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

dual 1226

  1. Double_Dee

    Dual 1226 clicking when turned on

    Hi! I have acquired another Dual from Kleinanzeigen. That place is either heaven or hell, depending on how in-touch you are with your Dual-problem. It's an 1226, and visually it's in great shape. The usual issue of the steuerpimpel exists, and I am going to fix that post haste. The platter mat...
  2. can-man

    Couple of issues with Shure V15 Type II cartridge on Dual 1226

    Started working on mu Dual 1226 that I purchased in 1974, Hasn't been used in at least 10 years. I am having trouble getting the cartridge not to "rub" on record I am playing. I think I have it set up correctly but seems to rub which makes a noise. Other issue I am having with cartridge is can...
  3. can-man

    Trying to decide which one to keep Dual 1226 vs Pioneer PL-530

    I am the original owner of a Dual 1226 that I purchased back in 1974. It currently does not work but considering having it repaired. Cosmetically, in great shape. I also own a Pioneer PL-530 that sounds great but cosmetically, is very ugly and starting to have trouble with cartridge...
  4. mhjmhjones

    Dual 1226 mysteriously stopped producing audio?

    Two nights ago, I was listening to a record on headphones. The last track on the side started to sound pretty bad - like the stylus was clogged with lint. I checked the stylus and it looked fine, so I shut everything off and called it a night. (Note: I'm not sure if this sound issue is...
  5. mhjmhjones

    About to overhaul my Dual 1226 and have a few questions

    Hello and thanks in advance for helping me! I will be soon overhauling my 1226. I've already replaced the steuerpimple. But I'm still having issues. 1. When I have antiskating set to what I think should be the proper value (same as the tracking force, according to my manual), the tonearm wants...
  6. Tim D

    Experience Restoring Dual 1226

    I recently decided to get back into vinyl and was reminiscing about a Dual 506-1 belt drive that I had about 20+ years ago. I spent a few weeks shopping around for a basket case and found a Dual 1226 on flea bay. It was one of those parts/as-is deals. I paid about $80 incl shipping. Knowing that...
Back
Top Bottom