• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

realistic sta-2080

  1. Brivan

    Realistic STA-2080 Idle Current Can't Be Set

    Good afternoon, I've been battling a perplexing issue with the amplifier board for the right channel of a Realistic STA-2080. The entire receiver is great shape, with no heavy wear evident. The amplifier boards are no exception - all components appear as new. As I usually do with these...
  2. N

    Realistic sta 2080 humming noise

    Hello everyone this is my first post. I recently got to try my realistic sta 2080 for the first time on my own sansui sp z99 speakers and I noticed when I powered on the unit there was a constant humm noise coming from both speakers any insight on how I could resolve this issue?? I'd like to fix...
  3. Brivan

    Realistic STA-2080 Semiconductor Replacements

    Hi, folks I have another Realistic STA-2080 undergoing open-heart surgery. This one had what appears to be a small fire on the left main amp board. The output transistors appear to have shorted and took out some other components at the same time. The PC board is salvageable, and I've...
  4. Brivan

    Realistic STA-2080 Distortion & Low Volume

    I have a gorgeous Realistic STA-2080 that doesn't feel too good. Left channel has low volume level and the right channel is distorted. I injected a 100Hz tone into the aux input of the receiver and noted clipping/distortion of the negative peak of the sinewave when probed at the right speaker...
  5. D

    Help picking receiver

    Hi, I currently have a choice between three receivers, all of which are similarly priced. A Kenwood KR-5400, a Realistic STA-2080, and a Hitachi HTA-4000. I will mostly be using them with my Technics sl-d2 turntable but I will listen to FM radio some as well. The speakers I currently have are...
Back
Top Bottom