• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

yamaha ca-800

  1. S

    Yamaha ca-800 function switch popping

    I have had an issue where turning on my yamaha ca-800 it may not produce sound but when I turn the function switch it produces a pop in the speakers and from there everything sounds great. It may also be that one side is producing sound and by turning the function knob til it pops fixing the...
  2. T

    Yamaha CA-800 one ch bias 0

    Hi All, I am working on Yamaha CA-800. R ch sound is distorted, probable related to the bias adjustment. TP1-2 is fine 15V on both side. TP3-4 Rch is 0, not moving but Lch is ok. I have swapped Tr601 (2SK30A) and noticed that Tr601 is one of the culprit. I am going to replace Tr601-603...
  3. basshockey13

    AR 2ax matched with Yamaha CA 800

    Afternoon Everyone I’ve wanted a pair of Acoustic Research AR 2ax speakers since I first heard “Pretty Hate Machine” through my Uncle’s at Keuka Lake in 1993. He had a Sansui 4000 receiver and a Sony cassette deck, and it sounded better than any stereo I’d heard to that point. I now have a...
  4. Yamaha Dean

    Looking for Mentors to fix a DOA CA-800

    CA-800 Upon inspection I noticed that some of fuses were broken (1 on each side). I cleaned the unit out with 2 cans of Sprayon EL2302 and then replaced the fuses and 2 broke again only this time on the right side as you face the unit. The power light does come on. Please walk me through the...
  5. Yamaha Dean

    Looking for a Mentor re: Yamaha CA-800

    Updated: I purchased a Yamaha CA800 this past week here in LA. Upon inspection I noticed that some of fuses were broken (1 on each side). I cleaned the unit out with 2 cans of Sprayon EL2302 and then replaced the fuses and 2 broke again only this time on the right side as you face the unit...
  6. J

    Yamaha CA-800 - restoration - few questions

    Hi, I got this Yamaha. Decided to do basically full restoration. Now I read that the two microswitches for ClassA/Normal operation are a weak point and it's a good idea to change them. What exactly do they do? I can see red and orange cable coming from the transformer. Red brings 30V, Orange...
  7. B

    New + Old, Same 'Ole Problems

    Hello, been using AudioKarma as a resource for a few months, so hats off this is very informed community. Just want to ask if someone could please help me with a minor, but annoying issue. I've been using an AK100 as the source for my headphones, and I've been very happy with this arrangement...
Back
Top Bottom