• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

12AX7 tube at Multiplex section of Fisher 500C

CSkoo

New Member
Hi, one of 12AX7 tube in multiplex section of my Fisher 500C turns white colour and never lighting up. Should I replace the tube and if it has been replaced,do I need to do any alightment?
 

Attachments

  • 20190817_093155.jpg
    20190817_093155.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190817_110914.jpg
    20190817_110914.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 19
Register to hide this ad
Yeah, if it's white inside, the vacuum is lost. **** can that tube, replace with same. Common problem. I have a conn organ amp with a quad of 12v6 amp tubes. After testing, (all good,btw) one turned white JUST SITTING THERE! It happens. No realign needed, unless it's been tweaked previously.
 
Thanks,but the tuner section still works fine. I will get rid of it once my new tube arrived.
 
Thank you all very much! I am new to the tube amp, so my question might be silly. Just want to confirm. Because I afraid with a bad tube in the receiver, it will create problem to other sections. The tube is bad when I get the receiver from an ebay seller.
 
Back
Top Bottom