• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

1937 MOVIE THEATER JENSEN LANSING 18’’ W HORN SECTION

I’m betting we see this relisted. Even if seller rating gets dinged for canceling sale. There was ALOT of meat on the bone left with that hammer price. And seller know knows the true value of his item.
 
It's damn cool, in my opinion, even if the op never posts again.

to move it to D&C would deprive many of us of this glimpse into the past.

just my opinion.



Tangentially, I was part of renovating the capital theater in Logan Ut in the eighties,(now renamed the eccles theater) and among the many things we pulled out of the ghost door (It was turned into storage when it bcame a first run, then second run, then dollar theater by the 80s) was an original fantasia promotional poster, a second run wizard of oz poster, and a whole slew of old cameras. it was cool!

I'm with you ..
My first thought was do those drivers still work ..
My 1957 EV's are still playing ..
 
^ And Bowtie posted this, if it were me I would edit or delete that so if he does come back it doesn't give him any more ammo
Thing is, he didn't need to come here at all. But, i'm glad he did. It's historically significant, and we got a chance to see it and put his pics in our own archives.

It really belongs someplace like the Klipsch museum. I'd like to hear that 285/tar filled 805 combination.

Had he listed it in a normal auction and let it run it's course, the bidders would have found it and set the appropriate price.
 
If seller is not super ethical, he might cancel transaction still....If I were winning bidder I wouldnt get too excited unit speaker was in transit!!! It is Ebay afterall!!!
 
One and done.
See ya next time you need help pricing or promoting an audio piece. Make it 2 and through.
Plus we can't guarantee it but maybe an AK'er will be interested in your next item.
 
I still think the story would have been worth this escapade. It looks like the seller dabbles in old paperwork, books and magazines, a lot of these people are very interesting, they made a whole industry of reality TV based on it. It would be worth it for these sellers to be forum regulars, we'd welcome their tales and marvel their equipment.
 
Dude!

Let me be the first to express gratitude for you saving this beauty from the depths of some unkown collection.

I'm so excited to see more!
 
How is this being shipped?? I would have assumed a freight forwarder or ushipper would have just blanket wrapped it and strapped it to a pallet for transit???
 
How is this being shipped?? I would have assumed a freight forwarder or ushipper would have just blanket wrapped it and strapped it to a pallet for transit???
I use U-Haul Ubox shipping… works out great. The last item I shipped were some ubangis across country.
 

Attachments

  • 71365041692__5056991F-45BF-4833-8362-6E4C2F0027D7.jpeg
    71365041692__5056991F-45BF-4833-8362-6E4C2F0027D7.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3884.jpeg
    IMG_3884.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom