• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2016 Record Store Day list leaked

The only one that interest me at a quick glance is the Florence and the Machine.

But I can say, I have never been to a record day sale, and I doubt I ever will, the last thing I want to do is fight a crowd over some stupid record.
 
The store that I always hit first has a very orderly and organized line. No need to "fight a crowd."
 
No Gov't Mule, live Deep Purple or Rainbow, not much from the hard rock 70's. I'm disappointed, I'll go the day after, if at all.
 
I doubt this list is complete. It usually has many additions, and deletions made before RSD. I am not one to fight crowds either. Just don't have the patience for it. I wouldn't mind the Bill Evans.
 
The Dizzy Gillespie 'Champ' LP is worth having. Those guys just sounded like they were having so much fun recording it, all those years ago.

I've heard some of Beat Coast's stuff and like it a lot, so that's interesting to me.

Probably the Bowie disk will be a hot item....
 
I always thought RSD would be about buying new groups' new vinyl releases. A fair portion of these releases are older than dirt.
 
I always thought RSD would be about buying new groups' new vinyl releases. A fair portion of these releases are older than dirt.

There has always been a lot of reissue stuff on the RSD lists, especially some more esoteric things (like the early Bowie) that have been out of print for ages.
 
I always thought RSD would be about buying new groups' new vinyl releases. A fair portion of these releases are older than dirt.

Not always. Sometimes we get lucky and stuff like the White Stripes, Get behind me Satan, is issued on vinyl for the first time on RSD, as it was last year. New is cool, but finding stuff that was only previously issued on CD is even better to me.
 
The only one that interest me at a quick glance is the Florence and the Machine.

But I can say, I have never been to a record day sale, and I doubt I ever will, the last thing I want to do is fight a crowd over some stupid record.

Ditto. On Flo & the Machine too.

Nothing exciting me here.

Good raft of Soundtracks which in itself is OK, but Star Wars? That tells me something.

Record Day "Jumped the Shark"?
 
Ditto. On Flo & the Machine too.

Nothing exciting me here.

Good raft of Soundtracks which in itself is OK, but Star Wars? That tells me something.

Record Day "Jumped the Shark"?

What's wrong with Star Wars? John Williams' scores are always excellent.
 
What's wrong with Star Wars? John Williams' scores are always excellent.

Nothing against Star Wars soundtrack. Saw the movie and didn't really have anything jump out soundtrack wise.

It was more a thought along the lines of what isn't for sale with a Star Wars endorsement? Of course soundtracks are legit, it's just a bit of a pile-on with the merchandise I guess. And, in truth if you want the soundtrack it's nice to have the vinyl option.

On the topic of soundtracks, I did purchase one and that's a first in many years. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Average flick really enjoy the soundtrack. The costumes were great to.
 
I'll be after the Animals EP (I've grabbed the other ones at previous RSD's), and the Easybeats and I'm sure there will be others.

I've had a good time at RSD's in the past. I just show up and wait in line with a bunch of other music fans. The people around me in line are usually after something different than me and we talk about and listen to a wide variety of musicians. It is a fun way to spend a Saturday morning--not a way to score collectible records. I don't care that larger production runs of many titles are released months later.

RSD is just a promotional device, no reason to get anxious about the state of the vinyl record industry.
 
So as someone who had no clue what happens at record store day, can someone clue me in as to what it is exactly? I goggled it but didn't seem to find anything that would explain to me what it is or why I'd want to go.
 
So as someone who had no clue what happens at record store day, can someone clue me in as to what it is exactly? I goggled it but didn't seem to find anything that would explain to me what it is or why I'd want to go.

Its basically the Sweetest Day of records. If that makes sense.
 
I see nothing on that list appealing (well maybe the Joan Jett) but I bet there is a lot of stuff that appeals to others. Like someone mentioned before, I hope some hard rock titles make it into the lineup. I assume that is just a preliminary list
 
So it's just a day a bunch of stuff gets released? No free crap, promotions or reasons to want to fight crowds?
 
Back
Top Bottom