• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2016 Record Store Day list leaked

So it's just a day a bunch of stuff gets released? No free crap, promotions or reasons to want to fight crowds?

Usually a bunch of limited release stuff, sometimes freebies. My local shop gives away stuff like pins, posters and record shaped cookies lol

Sometimes you can score some pretty cool stuf tho to some it seems like in years past there was a better selection.
 
A good part of the whining doesn't apply to me; the event is quite civilized at my local record store. However, the release list continues to trend toward major labels away from indie, and reissues away from new music, and I find myself buying less each year. I'm not seeing much of interest in this early list.
 
I doubt this list is complete. It usually has many additions, and deletions made before RSD. I am not one to fight crowds either. Just don't have the patience for it. I wouldn't mind the Bill Evans.

  • Bill Evans – Some Other Time: The Lost Session From The Black Forest [2LP] (180 Gram, gatefold, limited, indie-retail exclusive)
  • Dizzy Gillespie – The Champ [LP] (feats. John Coltrane, Kenny Burrell, Milt Jackson, Art Blakey, etc., indie-retail exclusive)
These are the only two that I would be interested in.
 
Have not checked to see if the list has been updated but id expect it to be soon..
 
Looks like the updated "full list" is out here http://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/34

Ughh, could they have added anymore Bowie. Guys barely in the ground. Gotta make that $$$$$

Seeing much more id be interested in.

Junior Wells an Buddy Guy
Johnny Cash
Coltrane
Bill Evans
The James Brown Revue
Jethro Tull, Really want this one !!!
Monk
Moody Blues
Oscar Peterson
Saxon
Blacklist soundtrack, Normally don't do ST but this one should be great !
Violent Femmes
Muddy Waters
Willie Nelson
Runaways
Rob Zombie

Just to name a few :)

Grumpy
 
I would love to have the James Brown/Apollo set and the Flaming Lips/Heady Nugs 2 sets.

I have no desire to fight with others for the one copy that will be available, I have less desire to shell out the $$$$$ that they'll be asking for those sets.

I'll just go 3 hours late and pay way too much for whatever 45's Sundazed puts out. Sigh.
 
I would love to have the James Brown/Apollo set and the Flaming Lips/Heady Nugs 2 sets.

I have no desire to fight with others for the one copy that will be available, I have less desire to shell out the $$$$$ that they'll be asking for those sets.

I'll just go 3 hours late and pay way too much for whatever 45's Sundazed puts out. Sigh.

Ya never know. Sometimes the guys on AK help a brother out :)
 
Just went through the list again. Boy I am going to have to start saving, and fast !!!
 
Probably close to 20 I would like. Going to have to knock that down a bit :(
 
Finally found a Brandi Carlile Live at KCRW. Phenomenal recording that captures fully the range and power of her voice. Unfortunately, mine is warped so I may be SOL. At least it's playable ... For now.
 
I have found that for the very few RSD titles I want, they ended up being available cheaper online a few months after the buzz has died off. I've purchased a couple that were less (including shipping) than what the local store wanted to charge for them on RSD. I found the pricing insane on most things I saw, especially the major label records. Given the inflated prices and hour-long wait in line to check out, nah, my first RSD in 2015 was my last. I'll buy what I want online. I'd heard of some stores still having 2015 RSD titles in stock. So, many titles don't have the demand.
 
Back
Top Bottom