• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Thanks guys, Got 'um! They will be in the February report available in early March.

I had a problem processing the January serial numbers, so the report will be a little late. I just sent it off to be posted. The macro that extracts the production date from the serial number was dropping about 80 serial numbers and I went down the rabbit hole trying to figure out why. Turns out, like it usually does, it was operator error. If you want the right results, you have to load the right data. :rolleyes:



According to the Serial Number, your D-W10 Cassette Deck was built on production line 64 in January 1986 and was the 1,137th unit off that line that month.
When I compare that serial number to the other serial numbers in the database, it doesn't turn up any D-W10 decks built on that line that month. Can you double check the first 5 digits? Thanks!

- Pete
Hi Pete, yes that is the serial number I have - I can post a pic of the back of the unit if you like. And I did purchase it new around that time frame.

-Bob-
 
Hi Pete, yes that is the serial number I have - I can post a pic of the back of the unit if you like. And I did purchase it new around that time frame.

-Bob-
Thanks Bob, I'll put it in that way. The database shows that the D-W10 was produced on as many as 10 different production lines over the roughly 3 years it was produced. So it's not a stretch to think that there was one more.

Model,Serial Number,AK User Name
8080DB, 827062596, 69Bee
Hi 69Bee, welcome to AudioKarma exclusively Sansui. Your 8080D was produced on production line 82 in June 1977. It was the 2,596th unit off that line that month. At that time Line 82 was only building 8080DB and 9090DBs

- Pete
 
Hi @wiedhas, welcome to AudioKarma Exclusively Sansui! Thanks for making your first post a serial number. The AU-9900 is a great amp. You are lucky to have one. It was built on production line 21 in June of 1975. It was the 560th unit off that line that month. Line 21 was also building AU-2200s and the very rare CD-10 active crossovers that month.

- Pete
 
My harvest for WK6:
AU-X501,438080062,catawiki.com
C-55,581070912,catawiki.com
D-900WR,210232004033,catawiki.com
D-95M,741011812,catawiki.com
FR-D3,400062385,catawiki.com
RG-700,595126351,catawiki.com
441,024091375,marktplaats.nl
A-7,441082165,marktplaats.nl
AU-117,848091443,marktplaats.nl
AU-555,829021570,marktplaats.nl
AU-X301i,10303000604,marktplaats.nl
B-2101,636046518,marktplaats.nl
C-2101,606055031,marktplaats.nl
D-370,832070149,marktplaats.nl
D-99MW,674021183,marktplaats.nl
SR-525,325081893,marktplaats.nl
T-910L,434020462,marktplaats.nl
 
Hi @wiedhas, welcome to AudioKarma Exclusively Sansui! Thanks for making your first post a serial number. The AU-9900 is a great amp. You are lucky to have one. It was built on production line 21 in June of 1975. It was the 560th unit off that line that month. Line 21 was also building AU-2200s and the very rare CD-10 active crossovers that month.

- Pete
Thanks Pete. Just moved to Tokyo and took this one down. Looks like I will be the first one to do any work on it - unfortunately for the 9900
 
kv6 with 3 comments:

881,825041986,kleinanzeigen
AU-217,858090871,kleinanzeigen
AU-alpha 707XR,603129198,ebay.jp,JDM 100V,T-tag
AU-alpha 907XR,604079095,ebay.jp,JDM 100V,T-tag
AU-D907X Decade,436037628,kleinanzeigen,JDM100V and "AZUMI" sticker after the T-tag,T-tag AZUMI
AU-X111 MOS Vintage,216020186,ebay.jp,JDM 100V,T-tag
AU-X501,601068106,kleinanzeigen
AU-X701,617076619,kleinanzeigen
B-1000,539060857,kleinanzeigen
C-1000,509023600,kleinanzeigen
CA-2000,238100059,kleinanzeigen,duplicate with a G-22000 in the PDF
CD-190,41100553,kleinanzeigen
CD-190,50101365,kleinanzeigen
CD-X217,213932001945,kleinanzeigen
CD-X501i,318020777,kleinanzeigen
D-X117HX,2236002847,kleinanzeigen
DA-P550,605055791,kleinanzeigen
D-90,740021456,kleinanzeigen
EIGHT,211010141,kleinanzeigen
LM-330,945120219,kleinanzeigen
LM-330,945120225,kleinanzeigen
R-99Z,872050073,kleinanzeigen
R-303,822121373,kleinanzeigen
RA-700,916110273,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1500II,2238000296,kleinanzeigen
RZ-5110AV,60600092,kleinanzeigen
SP-X300G,100184,kleinanzeigen
SP-X9700,900050686,kleinanzeigen
SP-Z7II,944070327,kleinanzeigen
SP-Z7II,944072665,kleinanzeigen
SR-929,316120350,kleinanzeigen
TU-7500,233010054,kleinanzeigen
TU-X317,613017301,kleinanzeigen

1) "AZUMI" after the T-Tag for the AU-D907X Decade
AU-D907X.jpg

2) duplicate of a CA-2000 with a G-22000 in the database (G-22000,238100059,Reidy12,FB Sansui Lounge from Feb '24)
CA-2000_duplicate.jpg

3) new stand speaker SP-X300G
SP-X300G_1.jpg
SP-X300G_2.jpg
 
The smoking gun :jump:

G-22000 duplicate (from the Facebook Sansui Lounge group that @Reidy12 reported, quick find in Facebook) with the upper mentioned CA-2000
G_22000.jpg
CA-2000_duplicate.jpg
 
Last edited:
Line 23 was building both models in October '78. It's a classic production duplicate. Those are good looking speakers.

Thanks for posting.

- Pete
 
Well, here are some more. My harvest for WK7:
A-5,431076951,catawiki.com
AU-2900,517034073,catawiki.com
AU-7500,812110264,catawiki.com,decade dupe TU-S7
AU-X501,621077726,catawiki.com
B-55,821050821,catawiki.com
C-55,821041456,catawiki.com
CA-2000,247040312,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
D-350M,230101172,catawiki.com
G-6000,818061251,catawiki.com
P-2000,0902163266,catawiki.com
RG-7,581102655,catawiki.com
SC-3000,596070612,catawiki.com
SE-77,436091024,catawiki.com
T-700L,486083795,catawiki.com
TU-217,848065419,catawiki.com
3900Z,850112882,marktplaats.nl
A-7,441042315,marktplaats.nl
A-7,441081919,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,038052686,marktplaats.nl
AU-217ii,919100933,marktplaats.nl
AU-2900,517034336,marktplaats.nl
AU-555A,833071091,marktplaats.nl
AU-5900,857010247,marktplaats.nl
AU-Alpha 707KX,602123575,marktplaats.nl,JDM,T-tag
AU-X201,507080156,marktplaats.nl
AU-X201i,508051696,marktplaats.nl
AU-X111,639094082,marktplaats.nl
TU-X111,609110342,marktplaats.nl
T-E550L,586100656,marktplaats.nl
A-E550,436092246,marktplaats.nl
CD-E750,6X200157,marktplaats.nl
P-D15,605092838,marktplaats.nl
R-7,851080802,marktplaats.nl
SC-1100,247100282,marktplaats.nl
SE-8,443024760,marktplaats.nl
SR-222,317034819,marktplaats.nl
SR-333,337072129,marktplaats.nl
TU-719,210080140,marktplaats.nl
TU-7500,233010054,marktplaats.nl
 
Back
Top Bottom