• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

@LBPete : the 990DB is already gone from kleinanzeigen. Seems sold quite fast.
I keep an eye on these 990/990DB/890/890DB. As soon as I see one, I take a screenshot from front and back (in case the seller provided these views)

Checking hifishark, there is one for sale on German quoka, but missing a picture from the backside:

EDIT:
One the "sold" section of hifishark, there is one link still active from springair, with pics of front and back, if this is of help for you?

990dB from springair (serial already in the PDF)
990DB.jpg

backside of that 990DB:
990DB_2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 990DB_2.jpg
    990DB_2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks guys. What I'm trying to establish is that ALL of alternate trim models, like the black 990/990DB, are general export models. I don't think you will see any that have 220/240V mains. These models are often sold on US and Canadian auction sites as "European" models to make them sound more exotic and rare. That's the myth I'm trying to dispel.

Since you can't prove something doesn't exist, all you can prove is what does exist. So the challenge is either to fine the unicorn black trim model with 220/240 mains or to document that only silver models were purpose built for EU countries. So, from a database standpoint, when you report the serial number of these alternate trim models, use the note field to indicate if it is a EU model with 220/240 mains or a GE model with 100/120/220/240V mains. Also note any silver faced model with only 220/240 mains. This shows that Sansui was building models specifically destined for EU countries. And if you do find the unicorn, please save photos!

Here are examples of alternate trim models:
The whole X0X0 series, both DB and non DB
QRX-999, QRX-777
G-901 and other G-X01 models
G-971 and other G-X71 models
Alternate versions of the XX1 series like the 9010, 8010, 7010

There may be other but these come to mind. I really appreciate your help with this.

- Pete
 
I put a file with your text in my Sansui serialz directory so I am reminded to keep an eye open. So you're looking for a black EU model if I summarize correctly? Or any models of the types mentioned above with 220/240 mains?
 
My harvest for WK50:
310,822080118,catawiki.com
A-900XD,608124752,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
AU-7500,012090211,catawiki.com
AU-Alpha 907i,608031657,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
QRX-5500,234110388,catawiki.com
SC-1110,248092021,catawiki.com
310,011090279,marktplaats.nl
771,023111716,marktplaats.nl
800,819080229,marktplaats.nl
A-40,430082964,marktplaats.nl
AU-101,224070112,marktplaats.nl
AU-101,832022281,marktplaats.nl
AU-719,220100300,marktplaats.nl,decadedup QS-1
AU-999,221100659,marktplaats.nl
AU-D9,822090216,marktplaats.nl
CR-M7,211112181,marktplaats.nl
RZ-3500,500110079,marktplaats.nl
SC-2110,598062845,marktplaats.nl
SE-8X,645111679,marktplaats.nl
TU-X501,618059522,marktplaats.nl
 
Dear lord. kv50 already and nothing prepared for Christmas yet...

350A,022070025,kleinanzeigen
771,014022434,kleinanzeigen
2000X,011080097,kleinanzeigen
A-510,464024225,kleinanzeigen
AU-417,229020771,kleinanzeigen
AU-999,211100527,kleinanzeigen
AU-D5,211031164,kleinanzeigen
AU-D22,432070113,kleinanzeigen
AU-X901,438083251,kleinanzeigen
BA-60,519120064,kleinanzeigen
BA-2000,217060259,kleinanzeigen
CA-2000,247040435,kleinanzeigen
CA-2000,247050213,kleinanzeigen
CD-X711,611011073,kleinanzeigen
D-X211HX-R,610043027,kleinanzeigen
ECA-3,240060164,kleinanzeigen
G-7000,858060227,kleinanzeigen
G-701,858040128,kleinanzeigen
QRX-7500A,235090095,kleinanzeigen
R-5,841096816,kleinanzeigen
R-5,841034458,kleinanzeigen
SC-2110,598061987,kleinanzeigen
SC-3330,250060244,kleinanzeigen
SP-1700,92051164,kleinanzeigen
SP-35,93071191,kleinanzeigen
SP-35,93020922,kleinanzeigen
SP-2500,91074092,kleinanzeigen
SR-211G,1535,kleinanzeigen
S-X900,628033848,kleinanzeigen
TU-5900,027010023,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,848050229,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,847050589,kleinanzeigen
T-910,624088152,kleinanzeigen
TU-D55X,607048044,kleinanzeigen
 
I put a file with your text in my Sansui serialz directory so I am reminded to keep an eye open. So you're looking for a black EU model if I summarize correctly? Or any models of the types mentioned above with 220/240 mains?
Also, the silver faced models with 220/240 mains. I don't think the back EU model exists but it would put a whole different spin on this subject. If you do see one, please save photos. Thanks!

- Pete
 
Completely calm and quiet pre-Christmas week kv51:

A-510,464024225,kleinanzeigen
B-1000,510040476,kleinanzeigen
BA-F1,220020029,kleinanzeigen
B-77,821041047,kleinanzeigen
CA-F1,219080174,kleinanzeigen
C-2101,606066987,kleinanzeigen
C-2301,214030080,https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?attachments/img_9157-jpg.3655120/
D-X111,629126100,kleinanzeigen
FR-5080S,416050090,kleinanzeigen
G-4700,829090372,kleinanzeigen
G-5700,829090042,kleinanzeigen
RZ-5110AV,60909296,kleinanzeigen
SC-636,245080156,kleinanzeigen
SE-7,582010829,kleinanzeigen
SIX,222121057,kleinanzeigen
SR-525,326011307,kleinanzeigen
SR-525,325092870,kleinanzeigen
T-77,431030958,kleinanzeigen
TA-300,039032791,kleinanzeigen
TU-X111,609102867,kleinanzeigen
 
Here's my XMAS harvest:
A-1000,508122072,catawiki.com
CD-V1000,508113106,catawiki.com
T-1000L,508111495,catawiki.com
CD-X501i,318012172,catawiki.com
D-770R,852050271,catawiki.com,dupe TU-S33L
D-900WR,201932001079,catawiki.com
P-50,500061093,catawiki.com
R-303,663110506,catawiki.com
R-505,643046971,catawiki.com
SE-3000,311060076,catawiki.com
SE-80,436080683,catawiki.com
SR-222,316062232,catawiki.com
TU-317,028120316,catawiki.com
A-60,869070249,marktplaats.nl
AU-217ii,830090810,marktplaats.nl
AU-222,119100177,marktplaats.nl
AU-222,510040839,marktplaats.nl
AU-777,518067058,marktplaats.nl
AU-X301i,539120380,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,838113438,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,028091107,marktplaats.nl
D-X501,617115921,marktplaats.nl
DA-P550,924096598,marktplaats.nl
FR-D25,411103378,marktplaats.nl
G-E770,620092373,marktplaats.nl
RZ-1000,509020894,marktplaats.nl
S-X500,526110164,marktplaats.nl
SC-2110,590080372,marktplaats.nl
SC-5300,250070043,marktplaats.nl
SE-3000,311060292,marktplaats.nl
SE-7,582010839,marktplaats.nl
SIX,222102574,marktplaats.nl
SR-333,337121988,marktplaats.nl

The true duplicate is actually from myself (leboncoin.fr):
TU-S33L.jpgD-770R.jpg

This is my last harvest for this year. I wish you all an amazing 2026! I can't believe I just said that...
 
@djlove1, welcome to AudioKarma Exclusively Sansui. Thanks for making your first post a serial number. Your 9090DB was built on production line 81 in December 1976. It was the 1,871st unit off that line that month. That makes it very early production. It won't have any of the modifications that came later.

I have a backlog and will combine WK51 & 52. Damn you festive season!
No worries, enjoy the holiday.

The photos of the TU-S33L and the D-770R document a true duplicate serial number. Line 85 was building both models and the D95M in May 1982. Thanks for posting.

- Pete
 
Yup, likely a duplicate. Line 01 was building both the 350A and the AU-7500 in December '72.

I'm processing the December serial numbers now. Anything posted after this post will be in the January '26 batch. Happy New Year everybody!

- Pete
 
My first harvest in the new year (WK1):
AU-6500,023030820,catawiki.com
SR-737,328010937,catawiki.com
TU-710,218120464,catawiki.com
6060,816083288,marktplaats.nl
A-40,869073554,marktplaats.nl
AU-317,218110192,marktplaats.nl
AU-317,218090681,marktplaats.nl
AU-4400,835040810,marktplaats.nl
AU-D22,431121249,marktplaats.nl
AU-X1,238120132,marktplaats.nl
AU-X711,601059246,marktplaats.nl
D-77F,852121188,marktplaats.nl
D-X117HX,2236003221,marktplaats.nl
SE-7,443040432,marktplaats.nl
SR-B200,479011141,marktplaats.nl
T-505,623048302,marktplaats.nl,dupe T-9?
T-60,849060601,marktplaats.nl
TU-9900,848070265,marktplaats.nl
T-1000,507080898,marktplaats.nl
C-1000,507071691,marktplaats.nl

The T-505 is in my own database from 10 August 2024 so this could be a mislabeled serial:
T-505.jpg
 
please record these new additions of mine:

9090,826070811,Ben Bassett
AU-11000,236090151,Ben Bassett
Thanks Ben, they will be in the January report.

@PE9ZZ It looks like what I'm now calling a Production Duplicate. Both the T-9 and T-505 were being built on line 62 in April of '83 so I'm going to accept both models with the same serial number. It's a small sample size though, we only have a total of 5 units built on line 62 that month.

In December, 332 serial numbers were posted resulting in 314 new serial numbers added to the database. It was a very clean batch, only minimal format repairs and no new models. There were duplicates though. A couple were noted in the posting but there were a total of 4, two Decade Duplicates and two Production Duplicates. As the database grows, we will see more.

Thanks to everyone that contributed.

- Pete
 
kv52/1 harvest:

771,824121794,kleinanzeigen
2000X,011080093,kleinanzeigen
AU-G90X,436044288,kleinanzeigen
AU-X501,610117972,kleinanzeigen
CD-190,41206697,kleinanzeigen
CD-X501i,318012077,kleinanzeigen
D-90,680012899,kleinanzeigen
D-90,239080320,kleinanzeigen
G-5700,810041399,kleinanzeigen
GX-60,790071,kleinanzeigen,duplicate to a GX-90
MAS-1000,2122035714,kleinanzeigen
P-1100,231024835,kleinanzeigen
QRX-7500,234120402,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1000,519040456,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1500,510090951,kleinanzeigen
S-X950,962041907,kleinanzeigen
SC-3000,597010105,kleinanzeigen
SD-5000,241120095,kleinanzeigen
SE-9,442061518,kleinanzeigen
SEVEN,812100687,kleinanzeigen
SP-35,93020922,kleinanzeigen
SP-35,93071191,kleinanzeigen
SP-70,91112402,kleinanzeigen
SR-222 MKV,315071608,kleinanzeigen
TA-1000L,212232000814,kleinanzeigen
TU-X301i,618087164,kleinanzeigen
TU-717,847070908,kleinanzeigen

duplicate GX-60:
 

Attachments

  • sansui_gx60.jpg
    sansui_gx60.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom