• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Hi gammax, welcome to AudioKarma Exclusively Sansui. Thanks for making your first post a serial number! Your 9090DB was built on production line 81 in May of 1977. It was the 2,013th unit off that line that month. Line 81 was almost exclusively building 9090DBs and 8080DBs during most of 1977.

- Pete
 
Here is my meagre offering for November 2025.
I didn't have the energy to check if any are already in our database as I usually do.
But I know the software does that anyway.

I was sprung from / released from Hospital on November 6th and have continued my slow recovery at home.
The situation is so bad for the healthcare sector now they have to do a triage approach to determine who can recover at home.
They need to free up space and beds because the Emergency Department is virtually overflowing with people who cannot be sent home.
It is nice to be out of that asylum.

350A,023080328,kijiji.ca
AU-555,589120293,canuckaudiomart.com
AU-D607F,821080551,canuckaudiomart.com
AU-D707F,821062556,canuckaudiomart.com
BA-60,139080204,canuckaudiomart.com
DA-P500,604072980,kijiji.ca
QA-7000,824080167,canuckaudiomart.com
QRX-3500,223110707,canuckaudiomart.com
SEVEN,813020165,canuckaudiomart.com
TU-555,249030463,canuckaudiomart.com
TU-X501,637054794,kijiji.ca
 
A combined harvest this time, for WK47 and 48:
AU-217,837090232,catawiki.com
AU-2200,216040005,catawiki.com
AU-D33,431121863,catawiki.com
AU-D33,574020084,catawiki.com
D-100,230040665,catawiki.com
D-100,239120853,catawiki.com
D-770R,212020163,catawiki.com
R-70,859100595,catawiki.com
SC-1110,248111275,catawiki.com
SE-77,474011793,catawiki.com
SR-525,325093367,catawiki.com
T-80,529122306,catawiki.com
TU-555,249042313,catawiki.com
TU-9900,836030343,catawiki.com
2000A,820011873,facebook marketplace
350A,022031393,facebook marketplace
5050,036123040,facebook marketplace
T-700,625043347,facebook marketplace
AU_717,228042209,facebook marketplace
TU-717,218061158,facebook marketplace
G-5700,859052435,facebook marketplace
T-707,623041760,facebook marketplace
551,816021453,marktplaats.nl
771,025010224,marktplaats.nl
AU-2900,026032130,marktplaats.nl
AU-317,838050287,marktplaats.nl
AU-4400,835080292,marktplaats.nl
AU-7900,836101411,marktplaats.nl
AU-Alpha 907MR,607070908,marktplaats.nl
AU-D9,822090452,marktplaats.nl
AU-X201i,508051620,marktplaats.nl
AU-X301i,508041638,marktplaats.nl
D-77F,852101381,marktplaats.nl
D-W10,655012522,marktplaats.nl
G-E770,619061106,marktplaats.nl
CD-E770,601031605,marktplaats.nl
T-E770,610013049,marktplaats.nl
A-E770,619123470,marktplaats.nl
SR-222,317034931,marktplaats.nl
SR-232,447060593,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,848021859,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,028090616,marktplaats.nl
TU-505,834030298,marktplaats.nl
TU-7900,026100079,marktplaats.nl
TU-9900,847040243,marktplaats.nl
TU-S33,871100221,marktplaats.nl
TU-X301iL,608056784,marktplaats.nl
TU-517,218030123,marktplaats.nl

I discovered there are several scrapers for Koobface Marketplace but since they only allow regional searches these will not help much. I will look into it some more if I feel like it but it looks like a manual search will be quickest. Zuck is annoying whichever way you look at it.

Hopefully JIT for the November update. Now at 6220 entries in my local spreadsheet.

@Monicker1: my best friend remarked that you're better off in jail than in a hospital. She was in and out of them the whole time. She passed away in 2011, in a hospital...
 
@Monicker1, Thanks for posting, don't worry too much about the dupes. They fall out during the processing. Hoping you have a speedy recovery. I hear music helps!

@PE9ZZ, JIT indeed. I'm processing the November batch now. Anything after this post will be in the December batch.

- Pete
 
Thanks, got 'um! Your Dad has quite a collection.

- Pete
The collection's mine, but the inspiration is dad's. He brought home a Model 2000 in 1969 that he enjoyed playing very loud on a pair of terrible Jensens, later upgrading to ESS AMT3 RMs that really had the Hallelujah Chorus shaking the place. I regularly gave it a workout in the late 70's and early 80's with less spiritual fare. I went off to college and started a life, and the 2000 ended up spending the first two decades of the 21st century playing round the clock country music in a horse barn, back on those horrible Jensens. I rescued it on a whim one day, blew out the hay dust and mouse turds and caught the bug. The Rock Monitors led an easier life in my folks' basement, awaiting the day my wife owes me a favor. Meanwhile yes, I've developed a soft spot for dog-eared Sansuis. Haven't been disappointed yet, but that 2000 still sounds as good as any I've heard.
 
kv48 harvest - two duplicates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7070,216072770,kleinanzeigen
A-7,441060720,kleinanzeigen
A-E770,609050663,kleinanzeigen
AU-alpha 907DR,601043159,ebay.jp,JDM 100V,T-tag
AU-G11X,575010419,kleinanzeigen
AU-X111,639104859,kleinanzeigen
AU-X301,507110374,kleinanzeigen
AU-X901,438083188,kleinanzeigen
AU-555,019100238,kleinanzeigen
BA-2000,247040341,kleinanzeigen
CA-2000,247050213,kleinanzeigen
CD-X701i,608048501,kleinanzeigen
D-X301i,328090074,kleinanzeigen
G-7700,819030398,kleinanzeigen
G-22000,238090057,kleinanzeigen,serial number is listed below the "power amp in" cinch connectors - seems to be the power-amp section (the preamp section serial is unreadable sadly)
RZ-3500,550091657,kleinanzeigen
R-5,841020329,kleinanzeigen
SD-5000,242100313,kleinanzeigen
SE-7,919070933,kleinanzeigen
SE-9,821090393,kleinanzeigen
SIX,824020826,kleinanzeigen
SP-2000,99115473,kleinanzeigen
SP-2000,99076054,kleinanzeigen
SP-LE8T,50107450,ebay.jp
SP-LE8T,50107451,ebay.jp
SR-222 MKII,336061114,kleinanzeigen
T-7,863100606,kleinanzeigen
TU-D55X,605114362,kleinanzeigen
TU-X301î,608105599,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,848030110,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,835080209,kleinanzeigen
 
Finally got my harvesting of Allegro's Archiwum done. Now I can continue where I left off last year. This is 2021H2:
661,023124117,allegro.pl
771,825050324,allegro.pl
A-5,431060421,allegro.pl
A-5,431062743,allegro.pl
A-909,433010972,allegro.pl
A-E550,486073794,allegro.pl
AU-101,514053917,allegro.pl
AU-217,848080995,allegro.pl
AU-217,838010751,allegro.pl
AU-217ii,830070862,allegro.pl
AU-317,838060181,allegro.pl
AU-317,837102772,allegro.pl
AU-3900,837031576,allegro.pl
AU-517,228080416,allegro.pl
AU-555A,833010399,allegro.pl
AU-555A,833110683,allegro.pl
AU-555A,833070532,allegro.pl
AU-9500,213040078,allegro.pl
AU-D11,822050113,allegro.pl
AU-G11X,576014493,allegro.pl
AU-G33X,665085454,allegro.pl
AU-G33X,575105989,allegro.pl
AU-X111,629111004,allegro.pl
AU-X111,629111114,allegro.pl
AU-X201i,508050020,allegro.pl
TU-X501L,608013618,allegro.pl
AU-X301,507082508,allegro.pl
AU-X301,507121240,allegro.pl
AU-X310,306058499,allegro.pl
AU-X701,607107124,allegro.pl
AU-X701,437125586,allegro.pl
AU-X911DG,609077547,allegro.pl
C-2101,635045298,allegro.pl
B-2101,635049886,allegro.pl
C-77,860081557,allegro.pl
CD-E570,758020036,allegro.pl
CD-V1000,337041672,allegro.pl
CD-X317,15201001317,allegro.pl
CD-X701i,328012132,allegro.pl
D-100,740050201,allegro.pl
D-790WR,224277000738,allegro.pl
D-90,750081817,allegro.pl
D-90,680044297,allegro.pl
D-X111,600037276,allegro.pl
D-X117HX,2236001864,allegro.pl
D-X301i,328090642,allegro.pl
D-X419HX,533080238,allegro.pl
D-X501,348093136,allegro.pl
D-X519HXR,533100408,allegro.pl
800,029022620,allegro.pl
P-50,500060894,allegro.pl
P-50,460090200,allegro.pl
P-L50,323021390,allegro.pl
R-30L,830090147,allegro.pl
R-410,833126016,allegro.pl
RA-500,214110036,allegro.pl
RA-500,210072452,allegro.pl
RG-7X,213050130,allegro.pl, duplicate AU-8500
RZ-1000,519120560,allegro.pl
RZ-2500,2239000704,allegro.pl
RZ-3500,02706001682,allegro.pl
S-X700,507120576,allegro.pl
S-X700,507050957,allegro.pl
S-XV1000,656038002,allegro.pl
SC-1120,248090808,allegro.pl
SC-1300,249120983,allegro.pl
T-510L,644095110,allegro.pl
T-60,849092024,allegro.pl
T-60,849070341,allegro.pl
T-9,871060099,allegro.pl
T-909,832124179,allegro.pl
TA-300,039031512,allegro.pl
TU-217,847090780,allegro.pl
TU-217,848070035,allegro.pl
TU-5500,815050115,allegro.pl
TU-717,847061788,allegro.pl
TU-S5,431070278,allegro.pl
TU-X301L,618011762,allegro.pl
TU-X301i,600112404,allegro.pl
TU-X301i,600038691,allegro.pl
TU-X301iL,618092976,allegro.pl
TU-X501,608010572,allegro.pl
TU-X501,617116584,allegro.pl

The RG-7X dupe is weird because there is no serial like this one in the database:
RG-7X.jpg
 
@peterott I'm going to treat these as actual duplicate. Both models were being built on the same line the same month.
AU-4400,835040132,kleinanzeigen,duplicate with an AU-5500
AX-7,217110084,kleinanzeigen,duplicate with an AU-717

@PE9ZZ this is a "decade dupe." Serial numbers repeat every 10 years. RG-7X,213050130,allegro.pl, duplicate AU-8500

Thanks for catching these.

Here are the November stats. 317 serial numbers posted. 309 newly entered into the database and 5 new models.

Thanks to everyone that contributed.

- Pete
 
Hey,

Great work on this list! I've done a couple serial lists myself, but nothing like the numbers you have!

FWIW, sorry, only one number for you. The only Sansui I have, a lowly 551, but it sounds great, and looks to be from Nov. '76.

551,026111420,Swaler61

Scott
 
They do? I was under the impression they were supposed to be unique. I would have expected more of those.

The serial number only allocates one digit for the year. Several of the production lines were active for decades so every 10 years those production lines start the numbering all over again.

Hey,

Great work on this list! I've done a couple serial lists myself, but nothing like the numbers you have!

FWIW, sorry, only one number for you. The only Sansui I have, a lowly 551, but it sounds great, and looks to be from Nov. '76.

551,026111420,Swaler61

Scott

No worries, every serial number helps, thanks! It's way more than a simple list, it's a MS Access database with over 45,000 serial numbers and over 1,600 models on file. Creating the list is just a few clicks but formatting all the data used to create the report takes some time.

Yes your 551 was built on production line 02 in November '76. It was the 1,420th unit off that line that month. A big advantage to a real database is it can easily provide information like this: In addition to 551s, line 02 was also producing 221s, 6060s and AU-4900s in November '76 with a known production range of 1,718 units.

- Pete
 
The serial number only allocates one digit for the year. Several of the production lines were active for decades so every 10 years those production lines start the numbering all over again.
I understand but that would mean many more dupes than the few we see every month. But since we do not know the policy of Sansui regarding the serials we may never know for sure.
 
No worries, every serial number helps, thanks! It's way more than a simple list, it's a MS Access database with over 45,000 serial numbers and over 1,600 models on file. Creating the list is just a few clicks but formatting all the data used to create the report takes some time.
Pete,

Yeah, I've worked on MS Access projects before retiring, I get it! WAY more complicated than the various serial lists I've done, so like I say, great work!

Just wish I had more data for you.

Take care,

Scotter
 
Here's more data! :p My harvest for WK49:
551L,509012,catawiki.com
AU-2200,915070943,catawiki.com
B-77,581010109,catawiki.com
C-77,580120785,catawiki.com
D-550M,221090256,catawiki.com
G-6000,818040025,catawiki.com
T-77,520080726,catawiki.com
AU-101,821060041,marktplaats.nl
AU-G11X,436093777,marktplaats.nl
AU-X501,438111229,marktplaats.nl
R-303,633108799,marktplaats.nl
T-5,861010325,marktplaats.nl

Not a whole lot this week though. Maybe because of Black Friday? :rflmao:
 
I understand but that would mean many more dupes than the few we see every month. But since we do not know the policy of Sansui regarding the serials we may never know for sure.

There are 39 Decade Dups on file. I keep them in a separate table and then merge them into the monthly report. To duplicate an existing serial number, the production line has to be active for a decade or more, the units have to be produced in the same month AND the 4 digit production numbers have to match. Even with the most popular models, there are big holes in our production records. As the number of serial numbers on file increases, so will decade duplicates.

- Pete
 
kv49 here too:

8080,826030575,kleinanzeigen
990DB,817070089,kleinanzeigen
AU-D22,432120425,kleinanzeigen
AU-G33X,576033957,kleinanzeigen
AU-X117,223798003574,kleinanzeigen
AU-X501,438010932,kleinanzeigen
BA-2000,217060198,kleinanzeigen
B-2302 Vintage,611043873,https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...o-auction-japan.1012182/page-22#post-18075477
C-2302 Vintage,604033703,https://image.fromjapan.co.jp/image...385/i-img1200x675-17643388074567654bmcxr8.jpg
C-2101,404090015,kleinanzeigen
CD-X701i,618072385,kleinanzeigen
D-80C,634024914,kleinanzeigen
FR-5080S,416121132,kleinanzeigen
G-700Vi,600047794,ebay.jp,JDM 100V,T-tag SANSUI-F
P-L35,425081667,kleinanzeigen
Q-15,SD1916R,https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...ematics-and-more.1096966/page-2#post-18088394
Q-55,028040081,https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...ematics-and-more.1096966/page-2#post-18088394
Q-55,37080214,https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...ematics-and-more.1096966/page-2#post-18088394
QR-6500,212050297,kleinanzeigen
QRX-7500,234030577,kleinanzeigen
R-5,841085536,kleinanzeigen
SP-3500,92090937,kleinanzeigen
SE-99,636046908,ebay-uk
TU-S33,832090592,kleinanzeigen
TU-S77X,434083615,kleinanzeigen
TU-X1,239050174,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,848100342,kleinanzeigen
 
Last edited:
Hello from snowy, icy, cold Wisconsin! I recently picked up this unit from original owner - haven't even tested it yet. Previous owner told me they had a recurring issue with either the power supply or one of the channels continuing to blow - hoping to dig into this a bit over the winter months. I have zero experience but loved my old Sansui receivers - had a 330 and 550 "back in the day."

Model,Serial Number,AK User Name
S-X1200,607110864,SansuiFury
 
Hi @SansuiFury, welcome to AudioKarma Exclusively Sansui. Thanks for making your first post a serial number. The S-X1200 is an interesting, quality piece from the declining days of Sansui Electric. Yours was built on production line 60 in November 1987. It was the 864th unit off that line that month. Line 60 was also building AU-X501s and B-1000s that month.

@peterott, @PE9ZZ, I was wondering if you could help with a little project of mine. I've been trying to dispel the myth of the black trim and other alternate color faceplate receivers being "European" models. From what I've seen, these alternate trim models like the black trim 990DB, are always General Export Models with 100/120/220/240V power input whereas models specifically destined for Europeans markets are 220/240V input. They typically have the power outlets on the back panel blanked out. All the EU models I've seen are common, silver trim models.

I tried looking for an image of that 990DB in peterott's post above but couldn't find it. If I go to kleinanzeigen and search for Sansui, a big list of ads comes up but that 990DB wasn't in it.

If it's not too much trouble, as you are searching for serial numbers, could you also look at the ID plate and make a note of the voltage for receivers from the 1970s? A simple note GE for general export or EU for 220/240v would be great. And if you do come across 1970s receivers with only 220/240v, please save a photo of the ID plate.

Here's an example of a common silver face 9090 with 220/240V mains. What I'd like to find is a 990, the black trim version, with these mains.

9090 EU.jpg

Thanks,
- Pete
 
What I'd like to find is a 990, the black trim version, with these mains.
Well, these are not going to help:
990DB.jpg
990.jpg

The last one is from Catawiki.com (2024/08/17) but doesn't show up in a quick image search. Of course I only saved the serial... The other is from Allegro but is a universal one.
 
Back
Top Bottom