• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2SA1494/2SC3858 Replacement

nabeelsayegh

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello AK...

I tried searching for this...but...well....that did not work. So hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction. Looking to replaced these power outputs in a JVC receiver. Any good suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for the heads up. ive been trying to create an account to order the parts there, but i keep getting an error when trying to do so. I sent them a message about it. We will see what they say.
 
Still cant register for an account. Not sure what is wrong with their web site. Is there no equivalent for these made by OnSemi?
 
Thanks Avionic. I looked up the spec sheets for each and I thought i had found something at Mouser that appears to be an adequate replacement but when i tried to do it again, nothing came up.. Would you be so kind as to take a look and if you are able to, make a suggestion on what you think would work. I can figure out how to mount say a TO-3P form factor to fit if necessary. I have not found any reputable source for the MT200 originals anywhere as of yet. As you said, BD is out of the 2SC.

Type Designator: 2SA1494

Material of Transistor: Si

Polarity: PNP

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 200 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 200 V

Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 200 V

Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage |Veb|: 6 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 17 A

Max. Operating Junction Temperature (Tj): 150 °C

Transition Frequency (ft): 20 MHz

Collector Capacitance (Cc): 500 pF

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 50

Noise Figure, dB: -

Package: MT200



Type Designator: 2SC3858

Material of Transistor: Si

Polarity: NPN

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 200 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 200 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 17 A

Max. Operating Junction Temperature (Tj): 150 °C

Transition Frequency (ft): 20 MHz

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 10

Noise Figure, dB: -

Package: MT200



Possible replacement for 2SA1494 - https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/?qs=HVbQlW5zcXUavFy4M6DFSg==
Possible replacement for 2SC
 
deleted...There are some TO-3P's that will do the job.

Take a look at the Sanken 2SA1492 datasheet. If you don't need the max voltage and amp ratings of the 1494, looks like the same architecture in the smaller TO-3P package.
And they are still in current production...
 
Take a look at the Sanken 2SA1492 datasheet. If you don't need the max voltage and amp ratings of the 1494, looks like the same architecture in the smaller TO-3P package.
And they are still in current production...

Pretty sure these would work. I dont need the max voltage of 200V. The power supply rail comes no where near this.
 
Please someone talk me out of this. I can buy one of these for $120 (cost, tax, shipping)....in 'good working condition'. Scrap it for parts. Get what i need for the repair. Have a second pair available for future repairs and a whole host of other parts i could use or resell. WWYD?
 
I would assume that the 2SC3856 would be the complimentary match to the 2SA1492 correct? I see Digikey has both in stock.
 
I would assume that the 2SC3856 would be the complimentary match to the 2SA1492 correct? I see Digikey has both in stock.
Correct...that's what I would do. But if you like the JVC and intend to keep it original, get the spare unit for parts. I have a friend with a blown up amp that needs those same outputs replaced (and probably other upstream parts as well) and have suggested we do the replacement 1492-3856, as his amp would be relatively easy to fix that way. All depends on your preference...
 
Back
Top Bottom