• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

40,000 watts and a new hair style

Register to hide this ad
Instant hearing damage at that level for sure. That has to be about 155db is my guess. I've been in a car that made 148db and there wasn't as much air movement as there is in that van.
 
Instant hearing damage at that level for sure. That has to be about 155db is my guess. I've been in a car that made 148db and there wasn't as much air movement as there is in that van.

I would say it can do 160's easy... but that is just my guess. Some of those you have to keep your mouth open I believe.

While I respect the work they put into the system, it seems like an awful amount of money for that. Looks like 4 18's to me, could be 21's though. 40k watts is nothing to play with either. Clean set-up and great hair trick :thmbsp:
 
Man, what is with that stupid song? I've heard it play in tons of youtube videos for, of all things, vintage speakers. Granted, CVs could take this, but those stupid bass songs are very cliche.
 
Stupid, stupid... the kind of thing I might have thought cool as an 11-year-old, but not today. Maybe of interest to an elementary physics class, to show how sound is transmitted through vibration of air.

Maybe you should warn people about the volume setting on that video, too: I was listening to a streaming radio station at modest volumes (using Sennheiser headphones), clicked on that link, and in half a second was tearing my headphones off and shutting down the tab (which I figured was faster than looking for the volume control); it's WAY TOO LOUD! [Unless the volumes of both sound sources were additive? Never happened like that before, though; I can't remember when something online ever hurt my ears like that. Uh-uh!] Folks, set your output volume down low, before clicking on that link!
 
Both of the last two videos mentioned is of Steve Meade. He's a bonafide bonehead if you ask me. I'm still cool with the guy but he just doesn't make any kind of sense with the things he does. He thinks he's the toughest guy on earth because of his "boom boom cars". Me and the guys, tend to laugh when he strolls around our way shaking our heads. Would you believe that despite his stupidity with car audio that he actually uses ear plugs when he auditions the car to the public?

Sorry if I offended anyone. I like Car Audio, but not when it's all bass.
 
Maybe you should warn people about the volume setting on that video, too:
I do apologize for that. To be honest, I never heard the audio portion as my speakers were turned off. I just thought it was one of the more stupid human tricks I have seen as of late.
"excuse me maam, can we make you go deaf while we demonstrate just how much air we can push with these things"
 
Well, I think that's kinda silly...But what do I know, sez the man w/3 doz radios that all pretty much do the same thing as each other...Or the 2 doz TVs, in the same boat...Do I really NEED the 125 guns I have ? No. But its all in what makes your Mercedes Bend, & as long as he don't hurt anybody, I guess I'm cool w/it....
 
Man, what is with that stupid song? I've heard it play in tons of youtube videos for, of all things, vintage speakers. Granted, CVs could take this, but those stupid bass songs are very cliche.

That song is called "Bass I love You". It's a typical song to show off excursion as it has some pretty low'n'slow notes in it to make your cones jiggle.
 
How come they always sound like the speakers are blown? I don't think I'd brag too much if my rig sounded like that.
 
How come they always sound like the speakers are blown? I don't think I'd brag too much if my rig sounded like that.

It's because of the video recording device. The microphone and audio circuit is causing the distortion, or should I say being overloaded to the point of distortion, just like when you yell into the mic of a tape recorder.

It's very hard to record that level of sound and have it not sound like total ass, and impossible to do so with a camcorder or cell phone video camera as far as I know.
 
Back
Top Bottom