• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

8 Track Player Repair Recommendation

^^^ true! I used to repair 8-track tapes when I was stationed in Turkey on an extended tour in the mid-70s for folks stuck at the same base. All sorts of problems with those things, especially if heavily used. Some tape housings were easily opened, others were basically bin material, but at the far end of the AAFES supply line, we got real adept at repairing a lot of things.
Today, if one can find playable tapes, it's almost mandatory to replace the sensing foil strip and the pressure pads which if they're the foam-padded type, have turned to goo & will surely foul up the equipment and the tape upon insertion. That said, once preemptively renovated, a tape will last a long time if treated properly & not played on compromised gear.
Yup! Every time i get a cooy, i replace pads and tape because its necessary. Thanks for all your comments and advice
 
really weird sound

If your tech mostly works on play-only decks, you might want to drop the hint that this symptom is very likely due to the record/play switch needing to be cleaned.

(Drop the hint gently, of course - techs don't usually respond well to "I heard on the internet" hints. Ask me how I know :).)
 
As long as we know what we’ve talking about, its all good, my goodness
8 track CARTRIDGES = one thing.

CASSETTES = something different.

Ergo, 8 tracks are not cassettes. QED.

If your tech mostly works on play-only decks, you might want to drop the hint that this symptom is very likely due to the record/play switch needing to be cleaned.

(Drop the hint gently, of course - techs don't usually respond well to "I heard on the internet" hints. Ask me how I know :).)
I know about techs like that Thank You
 
Panasonic 806 is now operating normally. Thanks to the (never thought of) automotive audio guys in National City for repairing it. Works awesome now…The Technics 858 is next to be repaired…thanks for all the responses ❤️
 
Back
Top Bottom