• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A few Sansui accessories

Thank you for info and your valuable experience bluesky :thmbsp:

A friend who obtained me my first Sansui (TU-919), told me that several years before he had a complete Sansui 919 system,SR-929 on top, with Sansui rack,with several original cinch cables plus such original speaker cables...never used, packed in nylon bags,first owner,all boxes,paper work ....for a ridiculous amount of money....:tears:
:jawdrop:

PS-Maybe it does not sound so impressive to everyone (I read a lot of American fairy tales here :D), but you should know that back then the price of Sansui unit was almost double of the U.S. or European price ...so are very rare here... especially TOTL models
 
Last edited:
Sten: what's the difference between the 75 ohm and 300 ohm antenna??

I should know that but I don't.
Can't remember the shape of 75 ohms antenna but the cable for the antenna should be a coax type to fit the supplied F-connector. The antenna could be a couple of rods to fit the box. Just a guess.
 
Last edited:
The 300 ohm antenna is the original supplied antenna, flat twin lead. The 75 ohm would have the shielded round lead in cable. Here's a couple pics of the supplied antennas from the late 60s:
 

Attachments

  • sanfmant2.jpg
    sanfmant2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Sanfmant1.jpg
    Sanfmant1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 106
The one I have is like Tom's in his pic on the left. I think it's still in the plastic sack Sansui shipped it in so many years ago.
 
.....PS-Maybe it does not sound so impressive to everyone (I read a lot of American fairy tales here :D), but you should know that back then the price of Sansui unit was almost double of the U.S. or European price ...so are very rare here... especially TOTL models

...Yes , i know about this Years - the first time I've saw an BA 5000 was in 1980 , in a small Studio named ,,Radio Bilinsky '' in Bonn ,close to Cologne in Western Germany...

...5700 Deutschmarks ( 2500 US Dollars..).......

...Unbelievable , unreachable , but ......fascinating.!!

....It took me 3 times of visiting this shop , to get a hearing session with their Top of the line setup : CA 3000 / BA 5000 drove some Klipsch Horns , and it was just Amazing.....

...since that Day it was absolutely clear , that - one day- I would own a Set of Sansui's , i started to save some Money - and the next Year , 1981 - I've got CA/BA-F1 , a very nice pair - soundwise .....

...But they did'nt touch me the same way like the older series of CA/BAxxxx ...

Time went on , my F1's did a very fine Job - until ,guided by Fortune - a pristine pair came along my way : CA/BA 2000 , in 1988 no one seems to care about them.....

...a Friend of mine took the /F1 combo in an eyeblink , and he would'nt give it away , he's Very Happy with it , it's just a matter of style....

...So I went on with my Black Faces & everything could be fine , but then....

.....ebay appears.....:scratch2:

...for 5 Years I've been hunting for a BA5K , for a reasonable Price - at last I've found it at some second Hand Shop in Los Angeles - the poor Monster was in very bad Optical Condition - but somehow I knew , that THIS would be mine....!

...So I did win the Auction:banana: - the Shipping & Taxing of my ,,Big Buddy'' went to be an Adventure , JohnnyF , Stene & Echowars supported me by doing some essential things , and ,,Ruesselschorf'' -of the German HiFi-Forum did the Service on this very Special Amp......

...I simply would'nt have my Dream-Sansui without the Support of all the Technicians & Specialists everywhere in the World Wide Web....

....THANK YOU , GENTLEMEN....:thmbsp:!!!

...but - maybe , we're slightly off topic.....:D
 
...Yes , i know about this Years - the first time I've saw an BA 5000 was in 1980 , in a small Studio named ,,Radio Bilinsky '' in Bonn ,close to Cologne in Western Germany...

...5700 Deutschmarks ( 2500 US Dollars..).......

...Unbelievable , unreachable , but ......fascinating.!!

....It took me 3 times of visiting this shop , to get a hearing session with their Top of the line setup : CA 3000 / BA 5000 drove some Klipsch Horns , and it was just Amazing.....

...since that Day it was absolutely clear , that - one day- I would own a Set of Sansui's , i started to save some Money - and the next Year , 1981 - I've got CA/BA-F1 , a very nice pair - soundwise .....

...But they did'nt touch me the same way like the older series of CA/BAxxxx ...

Time went on , my F1's did a very fine Job - until ,guided by Fortune - a pristine pair came along my way : CA/BA 2000 , in 1988 no one seems to care about them.....

...a Friend of mine took the /F1 combo in an eyeblink , and he would'nt give it away , he's Very Happy with it , it's just a matter of style....

...So I went on with my Black Faces & everything could be fine , but then....

.....ebay appears.....:scratch2:

...for 5 Years I've been hunting for a BA5K , for a reasonable Price - at last I've found it at some second Hand Shop in Los Angeles - the poor Monster was in very bad Optical Condition - but somehow I knew , that THIS would be mine....!

...So I did win the Auction:banana: - the Shipping & Taxing of my ,,Big Buddy'' went to be an Adventure , JohnnyF , Stene & Echowars supported me by doing some essential things , and ,,Ruesselschorf'' -of the German HiFi-Forum did the Service on this very Special Amp......

...I simply would'nt have my Dream-Sansui without the Support of all the Technicians & Specialists everywhere in the World Wide Web....

....THANK YOU , GENTLEMEN....:thmbsp:!!!

...but - maybe , we're slightly off topic.....:D

Maybe, but such a good story, I don't think the OP will mind...
 
The 300 ohm antenna is the original supplied antenna, flat twin lead. The 75 ohm would have the shielded round lead in cable. Here's a couple pics of the supplied antennas from the late 60s:


Very Nice. That is the exact antenna that I've been looking for. Only because it's Sansui. I'm using a Radio Shack one right now which does the job nicely.

As mentioned before...I could of purchased one 5 years ago but passed because of the $45-$50 price. I never dreamed that this item would be so 'hard to buy'! I should of bought it when I had a chance.

They are 'not rare' but they 'never' come up for sale. It's the only Sansui item I need for my Sansui rig. Along with a TU-711 (TU-701) should a minty one ever come up for sale. Just need the 711 because it will fit in my rack...and it matches my amp.

Someday...one of those 300 ohm antennas will pop-up on eBay somewhere.

tom3: thanks for those photos!!

Thank you for info and your valuable experience bluesky. A friend who obtained me my first Sansui (TU-919), told me that several years before he had a complete Sansui 919 system,SR-929 on top, with Sansui rack,with several original cinch cables plus such original speaker cables...never used, packed in nylon bags,first owner,all boxes,paper work ....for a ridiculous amount of money....:tears:
:jawdrop: PS-Maybe it does not sound so impressive to everyone (I read a lot of American fairy tales here :D), but you should know that back then the price of Sansui unit was almost double of the U.S. or European price ...so are very rare here... especially TOTL models

Yes, Sansui's were really very expensive back in the day. Even in the Military Exchange stores. But the Military stores were selling them a little cheaper. I guess Sansui was making thier money through a 'volumn of sales' thing, selling so many! Sansui was so big then. Everyone loved them.

A whole complete AU/TU-919 system, including rack, would be really very nice! It doesn't get much better than that. And all the accessories in a bag! wow. Too bad it was so expensive.


Deubi: really nice story.
Without eBay I also would never have what I have. eBay is a most super wonderful thing!!! I broke my 1980 low hour Ortofon cart one day, bad stupid accident, and I just totally freaked out. I was sick, really sick. It sounded so wonderful. Then a guy here told me about a 1980 NOS Ortofon 'M20FL Super' that was being sold on eBay out of Germany at that exact moment: Buy It Now ($220 total). No thinking, and I hope it's not to late: I bought it 'immediately' and just hoped I wasn't to late. It's actually a higher quality and better cartridge than the one I broke, it's lovely. Hooked it up with some gold leads and it sounded Perfect, right out of the box. eBay is simply wonderful!!!! I've purchased my whole Sansui rig off of eBay. Where else can you find all this old rare equipment, parts, accessories, and rare music if it wasn't for eBay!


Thanks for all the ' accessory ' photos everyone! Most appreciated. All of Sansui's accessories are really fun, very satisifying, and extremely enjoyable!! Sansui made really high quality items. The 3 each gray, with logo, interconnects I just got were really dirty but they cleaned up like brand new. The RCA type connectors shined up like brand new, zero corrosion. They really made 'high quality' gear back then that has withstood the test of time.
 

Attachments

  • sanfmant2.jpg
    sanfmant2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
A whole complete AU/TU-919 system, including rack, would be really very nice! It doesn't get much better than that. And all the accessories in a bag! wow. Too bad it was so expensive.
wrong...what I meant is: for a ridiculously small sum :tears:
 
wrong...what I meant is: for a ridiculously small sum :tears:


Ahhhhhh! A 'small sum' for the AU/TU-919 rack is most excellent!! Really NICE find Pepa!!


Here are a few more unrelated Sansui accessories:
VS-200 Automatic Voltage Regulator
Sansui Isolators (I know of 2 types: painted black wood and brass. These are the brass (metal anyway) type. The last 4 of these sold for $66 on Yahoo Japan (plus shipping) about 2 years ago.
 

Attachments

  • rrrr.jpg
    rrrr.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 67
  • rrrrr.jpg
    rrrrr.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 86
  • fff.jpg
    fff.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
FA-7: a fairly complete explanation. I think I may have gotten some of this from Sansui AK, or at least part of it?

FM part of the antenna, two elements and the phase lag feeding power method.
AM part is composed of the whip antenna of 1.3m height.
The received signal is fed to the tuner in one 75ohm coaxial cable.

The whip antenna has sensitivity in FM wave. There is a problem that it causes interference mutually in having simply tied, and the directivity of FM disappears. Sansui solved this problem by using the filter, the mixer, and the divider.

The signal of AM is supplied to the bar antenna with a special antenna coupler.
This coupler is a cylindrical structure with which it completely covers the bar antenna. And, it fixes with the screw to the bar antenna. For an electric coupling, there is a coil of two turns and it is fed power in floating.

The way things are going, the coil and the bar antenna will unite according to the electrostatic capacity. And it is possible that the coil picks up the noise caused by the bar antenna, and the noise's going out to the FA-7 antenna. The shield ring is put between the coil and the bar antenna for the prevention measure.

The reception situation of AM changes considerably by the installation position to the bar antenna. The user should fix searching for the best position.

FA-7 is a unit which makes it possible to use same outdoor antenna (combi/combo type) for both FM and AM. The antenna function will be omni-directional for AM and sharp direction for FM. for FA-7. The knob is just a clamp to mount the condapter on the ferrite rod, and on the inside is a small metal box that I'll try to get into today and take some pictures. The 75ohm coax passes through the box, and there is a small inductor coil fed from the box that encircles the sleeve that the ferrite passes through, so it's looking like this thing splits off the am signal and uses the inductor to shunt it into the ferrite antenna, while passing the fm signal through on the coax. The sleeve diameter is a little too large for the ferrite bar on the TU-719, so my guess is the TU-X1 ferrite is the correct fit. Some Sansui tuners including TU-X1 have the special terminal for FA-7. The TU-X1 has a special input (F-type)

I gotta get one of these ... :>) Not really, but why not!
 

Attachments

  • ZUBEH%D6R_%283%29.jpg
    ZUBEH%D6R_%283%29.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 79
  • FA-7  on the inside.jpg
    FA-7 on the inside.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 97
  • FA-7jpg.jpeg
    FA-7jpg.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 114
  • FA7article.jpg
    FA7article.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I really ' HOPE ' this thread keeps going". Sansui accessories are fun.

If that cigarette lighter wasn't on Yahoo Japan, I would of bought it.

There are other accessories (the kind you can't buy) on (http://suwan.web.infoseek.co.jp/) but I just can't seem to accesses the website anymore. It's the Japanese Sansui Retirement workers website. Maybe it's off-line now or something. ??? Nice folks, and they have/had a forum that you could even post on. I just don't know. I'm friends with them, the retired folks.
 
Last edited:
A few fun Sansui, or otherwise Japanese, photos.

The first one: oh my, jets are invented!

Second and third one: (Japanese) SS means Steam Ship. Maru means ship in English. They are post cards. Nothing to do with Sansui stereo, just the very old Japanese steamship Sansui. I think there is one other photo floating around somewhere.

Back to accessories...
 

Attachments

  • air_world_1957.jpg
    air_world_1957.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Japan Setsuyo Shosen Kaisha SS SANSUI Maru.jpg
    Japan Setsuyo Shosen Kaisha SS SANSUI Maru.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 71
  • sansui maru.jpg
    sansui maru.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
If that cigarette lighter wasn't on Yahoo Japan, I would of bought it.
Somewhere I have that one and some others as well. Can't remember where.
They are worn but works after I've used them. I've been a smoker.
In other words. they're nothing worth to a collector.
 
Somewhere I have that one and some others as well. Can't remember where.
They are worn but works after I've used them. I've been a smoker.
In other words. they're nothing worth to a collector.

Maybe that butane cigarette lighter wasn't for sale on Yahoo Japan. I can't really remember, it's been awhile. But I think it was. Sure was nice.
 
Last edited:
Just picked up this butane lighter just now, today (photos below), for $1.04 on eBay ($3.50 shipping). I do remember the maker Crown, from a long time ago in Japan, but can't remember if they were a quality product or also if they were a Japanese company. Comes in the original box, that's a good start. It was advertised as 'new in box'. Well, it does look slightly used in the photo but it's fine for me.

It will look nice next to the stereo. Hope it works. If not...it's ok. They kept the box 'all these years' so that's a good sign. Just hope for the best. It also just may be one of the cheapo ones, like a fancy Japanese Bic lighter, but that's ok too. :>)

Accessories are fun.

--

Got it, nice quality!!
 
Last edited:
A few fun Sansui, or otherwise Japanese, photos.

The first one: oh my, jets are invented!

Second and third one: (Japanese) SS means Steam Ship. Maru means ship in English. They are post cards. Nothing to do with Sansui stereo, just the very old Japanese steamship Sansui. I think there is one other photo floating around somewhere.

Back to accessories...

I think those are different ships, or if the same, it was extensively refitted. The "M.S." (motor ship) designation is typically reserved for ships with reciprocating engines.
 
I think those are different ships, or if the same, it was extensively refitted. The "M.S." (motor ship) designation is typically reserved for ships with reciprocating engines.


Took a closer look. Your absolutely right. You know, I never even saw the M.S. either. Which is unbelievable because I worked on deep sea ships all my life!! LOL. I stand corrected. :>)

Found these post card images on Biglobe (Japan's main domestic search engine).
 
Last edited:
Maybe that butane cigarette lighter wasn't for sale on Yahoo Japan. I can't really remember, it's been awhile.
I found the lighter I have and the model is Halley VS and made by Maruman. (The one in the middle)
Here are the Butane Lighter I have. Used as you can see.
 

Attachments

  • Crown in box.jpg
    Crown in box.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Maruman 3.jpg
    Maruman 3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 69
  • Maruman 2.jpg
    Maruman 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Maruman 1.jpg
    Maruman 1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 65
  • crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
This is one of the first key holder from beginning of 70's
attachment.php
 
Back
Top Bottom