• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A few thoughts on public restrooms

I use the same paper towel I dried my hands on, to pull the door handle and open the door. If the trash can is within reach, it goes into the can. Usually, I need to prop the door open with my foot while I toss the paper towel into the trash. IF (big if) there are no paper towels and this can't be accomplished, I avoid THAT restroom on my next visit.

First world problem if there ever was one.
 
Last edited:
I don't use public restrooms. I hold it or use the ground beside me. If dogs can I can.

For quite a few older people and I'm one when you gotta go you GOTTA GO. I'll use the outdoors in a pinch but it's not my preferred choice and I avoid it if at all possible. Dogs also use my yard as a toilet. Can't say I enjoy that. Had to ask a neighbor if he was going to take his dogs deposit with him as he was walking away. He had no intention of cleaning it up, didn't even have a bag on him had to go home to get one. Thing about it is his house is closer to a 5 acre mowed field than my yard yet he walks his dog by peoples yards to do it's bushiness with no intention of cleaning up afterwards. There's people that own dogs that shouldn't. So I guess I'm saying we're humans and a restroom public or not should be your first choice.
 
given the splatter of dirt under every hand drier in less than well cleaned bathrooms, I wouldn't be surprised at all if those things were just germ spreaders. I don't care for them. Also the lack of "insulation" to the door handles because of all the people that do not wash their hands. I have those concerns even when there isn't a pandemic going on, people just don't wash their hands and I think its nasty. I guess not everyone had a grandma that harped on hand washing and brushing teeth like mine did.

I can also tell the folks who don't work on dirty things for a living. 3 seconds of lather and a quick rinse does not get hands clean. I'm used to having to spend time doing a thorough scrub, often involving a fingernail brush in order to get myself clean enough just to go to the bathroom. Maybe coming out of all this, collectively society will be a little better about hand washing and basic sanitation.
 
Had to ask a neighbor if he was going to take his dogs deposit with him as he was walking away. He had no intention of cleaning it up, didn't even have a bag on him had to go home to get one.
You leave your dog's business on my lawn and I'll make sure it finds it's way back home.

It ha been kind of fun at work the last couple of weeks watching the people that where already germaphobes :)
I think the germaphobes may be having fun watching the "regulars" doing the same thing they've been doing all along :rflmao:
 
Back when I worked we had some DOOZIES... We'd constantly run into a set of boot prints on the seat of the commode, where the guy would climb up on the seat & squat, & they rarely had decent aim. The women would complain constantly that they'd caught Buster De Body Crab & Co. from our factory, but often as not, these gals would have taken up w/a New Feller, & that prolly was where the New Crabs came from.... So many times, things like this are a big game Management & the workers play between each other.. I never recall ever seeing any evidence at all of ol' Buster, but there would be workers solemnly swear & be damned that they caught 'em at the 2nd floor Ladies' Loo at "Card & Label"..
 
I made a batch of cookies one time to take to work. I had them packed up in a big ziplock. Starting handing them out. Got to one gentleman and held the bag open for him to grab a couple till I remembered that I saw him walk out of a bathroom stall then walk out the door without washing his hands. I jerked the bag back so fast that he didn't have time to touch it reached in myself grab a couple of cookies and handed them to him without touching his hands.
 
Back when I worked we had some DOOZIES... We'd constantly run into a set of boot prints on the seat of the commode, where the guy would climb up on the seat & squat, & they rarely had decent aim. The women would complain constantly that they'd caught Buster De Body Crab & Co. from our factory, but often as not, these gals would have taken up w/a New Feller, & that prolly was where the New Crabs came from.... So many times, things like this are a big game Management & the workers play between each other.. I never recall ever seeing any evidence at all of ol' Buster, but there would be workers solemnly swear & be damned that they caught 'em at the 2nd floor Ladies' Loo at "Card & Label"..

I wouldn't be surprised if that *IS* where they found Buster, they weren't a lone there when they found 'em.....
 
Back
Top Bottom