• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Add LED and Aux to Zenith K731

If that schematic is correct, there should only be one open terminal at the very end of travel on the switch in the same row that the gray wire connects to. If the schematic colors aren't accurate you'll have to trace it out, I can't tell where things go. You need the row of terminals where the wire runs over to the volume control, and it should be the terminal with nothing on it with the switch all the way at the end of travel towards the AM side.
 
So maybe this will help what I’m explaining. The column that has the gray wires on my radio has no empty terminal. The schematics show pin 5 as being empty like you suggest, but the radio has pin 5 connected to the blue wire.

Thinking from an electrical standpoint, this almost seems correct no? According to the schematic when the AM switch is on, that blue wire connected pins 9 and 10 and 10 is empty so what’s the point of that circuit then?

In my radio it connects the blue wire to pin 6 which is another part of the circuit.

So now to troubleshoot this, I need to move the selector to AM, and see whether row (2,6,10) or row (1,5,9) goes to the volume knob? Once I find that row, which wire would be snipped? I can probably get this info tonight.

Still unsure about the wiring on the previous post for my transformer. I have the aux cord ready to be wired up like this. Just don’t want to wire it up to the transformer wrong.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3892.jpeg
    IMG_3892.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3869.jpeg
    IMG_3869.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5
its possible the schematic is wrong, Sams has done that before. The grey wire should be going out to the volume control. if thats the case, ohm check what is connected to the grey wire in the AM position, and swap that wire for your aux input.
 
Back
Top Bottom