• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS Driver roll call

L1590/2 replacement mid & high

L1590/2

ADS Replacement Part for the tweeter:
206-0118

ADS Replacement Part for the midrange:
206-0214

Don't know if those numbers were the same as the original part numbers. That's just how the parts are stamped.
 
L1590/2 Woofer & crossover part #

Woofers are 206-0361

Crossover part # 501-0063

It is hardwired to the speaker terminals making it necessary to unsolder the connections in order to re-cap.
 
I accidentally purchased a pair of 206-0355 Woofers on eBay recently - they were supposed to be for the L810, but they are in fact L780 woofers. Stupid me...should have checked first. If anyone needs them, let me know - maybe we can do a swap.
They appear as new - there isn't even solder on the terminals yet.

Would someone happen to know if the tonal characteristics of this woofer might be suitable for an L810?

Thanks.
 
I have a 10" Subwoofer (Part #: 206-0383) from an SW2. Anyone here have the data specs on this?

TIA
 
Hmmm... didn't realize this thread existed.

I have a copy of the factory parts manual from sometime in the 90's, listing all of the models made up to that point, with drivers grills & other part numbers called out. It's specific as to serial number range, in the case of models that had running changes to different drivers or grill type.

Then it lists the drivers by part number vs. models they were used in.

There are also crossover schematics & some other interesting info.

Who would I send a scan of the driver cross-reference info to so it can be posted here for access by members? Or is there a sticky somewhere to attach it to?

Thanks,

John
 
Factory parts schedule now available in the database!

Ok, the 1992 a/d/s/ parts schedule has been to the ADS database - thanks Njord!

This factory service parts manual will allow you to check the original and superseded driver information for any model built between the company's founding and early 1992, with the exception of the early stuff that was built using drivers supplied by Braun.

You can also check by driver part number to see what systems it was used in.

There's also info about internal parts including some Atelier information, parts pricing, etc.

My guess is this document is high-90% range accurate, you may run across the occasional deviation where the factory was out of a part & subbed or tried something different, but overall it's a good guide to what drivers belong in your classic ADS or a/d/s/ speaker system for proper operation.

Enjoy!

John
 
I would have to disagree with the observation relative to the 1" tweeter versus the
3/4" tweeter. I have both pair and notice much greater detail (if not high frequency response) in the set with the 3/4" tweeter...
 
Schematics

Hmmm... didn't realize this thread existed.

I have a copy of the factory parts manual from sometime in the 90's, listing all of the models made up to that point, with drivers grills & other part numbers called out. It's specific as to serial number range, in the case of models that had running changes to different drivers or grill type.

Then it lists the drivers by part number vs. models they were used in.

There are also crossover schematics & some other interesting info.

Who would I send a scan of the driver cross-reference info to so it can be posted here for access by members? Or is there a sticky somewhere to attach it to?

Thanks,

John


You wouldn't happen to have schematics for the ADS MS3 sub in amongst your factory information would you?
 
I've looked thru the ADS threads, so if I have missed a similar post about this, I apologize.

If there any place that has the technical specs for the drivers? One of the questions that come to mind can I use a 206-0213 for a replacement for a 206-0205, will it physically fit, and so on...
 
The brochure discussed in the thread above this one is in the ADS database and would tell you if the two you have are interchangeable. Some of the spec sheets for the different models go into detail about the drivers.

Knowing what a driver was used for and then looking at the info on that speaker (in the database) may point you to info on both of these drivers so you can determine how much of a stretch it is to use the 0213 for the 0205.
 
Excellent resource for ADS owners! So I see that up until serial #14,199 the L620 used the 206-0328, then it switched to 206-0324, the same (and only) that my L730's used in '83. So the 206-0328 is the same size and (probably?) impedence as the 0324 replacement, just that it's an older version of it. Does that stand up to scrutiny fellas? I see a pair for sale on ebuy that show a mfr date of '79 that fit the L620's that were later replaced buy the very rare 0324's, hell, they're both rare!
I need them for my L730's. Take a chance?
Dano
 
I have a pair of 206-0324 woofers that I'm using in a 2-way project (yes, that big thread) and I am very impressed with their sound quality, both low and mid. They supposedly came from a parted out pair of L730s. Maybe someday I'll find a nice inexpensive pair of "whole" ADS or Braun speakers as I've never listened to any but have always been intrigued.
 
I have a pair of 206-0324 woofers that I'm using in a 2-way project (yes, that big thread) and I am very impressed with their sound quality, both low and mid. They supposedly came from a parted out pair of L730s. Maybe someday I'll find a nice inexpensive pair of "whole" ADS or Braun speakers as I've never listened to any but have always been intrigued.
Did you complete an eWave project with them? I think the L620 is a prime candidate for eWave with it's large front baffle. But I wasn't sure how the woof would mate with the eWave.
 
Still have only one finished... The only time I have to play speaker-geek cuts in on my sleep, which I get very little of (von.ah junior gets primary consideration :D)

I think the ADS woofer works wonderfully with the ewave.
 
L1090 series 1 vs series 2

I see in the parts brochure that the L1090 uses different mids and woofers for the series 1 and 2. Is there a major upgrade in sound between them, or was the change financially driven, or some other reason? Other than the different tweeter protection and crossover location, what differences would one notice between them?
 
Back
Top Bottom