• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Advent Heritage??

Register to hide this ad
I like mine. YMMV, but I think they sound very good on percussion, certainly have a good low bass.
 
Yes!

I love them.

Make sure all the drivers work and plan on re-foaming the woofers.

Nice tweet, mid and bass from those.

They are 4 ohm, so you will need a half-ass decent amp/receiver.
 
I have a pair that I like very much, definitely no subwoofer required with these. Mine needed a re-foam, so I recapped them while I was in there. Two caps per crossover -- I think they were 20uf and 6uf.
 
I bought a set of their little brothers - Advent Laureate. The foam surround looked "OK", but was dried out and very brittle, so I got them for a very low price. They were my first re-foam job, and came out really well - easy job. My daughter loves them for her small apartment. You will probably have to replace the foam surrounds on these as well.

I did and A/B test against my Infinity Qb's, and I thought they sounded very good, nice and clear mid-range and crisp highs. In comparison, they really only lacked power at the low end, which didn't surprise me considering the size of the woofers - 10 inch on the Infinity and two 6 inch woofs on the Laureate. The Heritage with it's two 8 inch woofers should easily outperform the Laureate on the bottom end.

These aren't the quality of the original Advent speakers. Advent at the time these were made was owned by Jensen. Still, I like the design of these speakers, even if the cabinet isn't real wood. The Pecan wood fronts, tops and bottoms look nice, and the grills are quite attractive to my eye. Factor in the cost of repairs of the foam surrounds, but if you don't have to pay a lot for them I'd bet you would be very pleased to have them.
 
nearly bought a pair new on a blowout 20 years ago. always regretted not buying.

i heard a pair about 4 years ago and still like them. they are not CV class of speaker for rock but great for jazz and orchestral.
 
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I thought I'd expand my thoughts on these speakers. I picked up a pair of Heritage's a little over two months ago and gave them new high-quality caps and surrounds. The result: these do most everything right to my ears. These can go quite low without being too boomy, and the mids and highs are clear without any notable harshness. Very balanced from low to high and they perform well with most kinds of music.

I've read some not-too-favorable comments about these speakers, but none have provided any details as to why. I don't know, maybe there's some synergy at play in my system and room. Anyway, I had a hankering to buy brand new floor standers (not mass market), but I'll be delaying that purchase because I'm happy with these for now.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
they used to be downright ubiquitous on the auction sites and CL a few years ago but lately they have disappeared for the better part.

they also are not going for cheap like they used to. if i could find a good pair locally for less than 150 i might finally get them.
 
Over the years I picked up 4 sets some rather cheap in the $40 range and would check the caps/resistors and replace if they were out of spec, do some light sanding and staining, refoam the speakers and enjoy the heck out of them. Mostly when I hear bad reviews you never hear anyone say if they took the grilles off and checked the foam surrounds for integrity, if the foam surrounds are shot they sound horrible like any other speaker with rotten foam. If you replace the surrounds using shims and replace the dust caps there are some of the best sounding speakers out there. I sold my last set recently as I have gotten into the mode if I buy something I sell something which is usually a speaker vs selling a 70's receiver or such. As others noted earlier they are hard to find now because people have found they are a great sounding speaker in the sub $1000 dollar range. Speakers like the L100s or HPM100's are north of the 1000 dollar range in good condition and if in excellent to mint condition will start to see the 2000 range. As a note, I really struggled selling my last set but it is hard to resist a TOL Akai integrated amp/tuner and even a cassette deck for $375
 
Back
Top Bottom