• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AK Fest 2012 - Real World Audio

Negotiableterms

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber
April 28-29, 2012 ?

We're considering a Fest! The decision isn't made yet, but this thread is to gather suggestions and get a sense of how much enthusiasm there is amongst folk who will actually show up.

With the economy in the dumpster, folk everywhere are looking for basic worth; the kind of Blue-Collar values that built this country.

In Audio, there are a ton of shows that feature 25w integrated amps for $25,000. Today, audio needs to be about 100w amps for $250. There are real values available in Audio, great sound for little money, and there's nowhere with more focus on real value in audio than AK. It's not just vintage, and it's not just new, this Fest is focused on bang for the buck from all sources.

We're looking for suggestions on all kinds of things:

- A catchy slogan - like Blue Collar Audio or Real World Audio?
- What manufacturers to invite?
- What vintage gear we should encourage people to bring?

So, this thread is a chance for everyone to talk about the 2012 Fest. Post your ideas, hopes, wishes and start hoping and planning for the weekend of April 28-29, 2012.

[Edit: Clarified status]
 
Register to hide this ad
Blue Jeans Cable
My Audio Cable

Invite Nelson Pass to talk on his DIY ger

Clinics on how to rebuild stuff

Maybe have Bottlehead come in and do an amp building class.
 
I'd like to see Avanti Audio show up. Maybe we can all twist Mike's arm to show up. I'm sure there will be plenty of coverage, even if the Fest is scaled down a bit. Some of these bang for the buck manufacturers could use the exposure.

Focus on the DIY side of things is always good. The big swap room is a must too. If you need a hand with anything, I'm planning on being in the area a bit early.
 
I hope Ian Grants Outfit will show up! Grant Fidelity's aims towards this " HIGH END, NOT HIGH PRICED" for a motto. As for me, I Like the whole Blue collar theme. I would gladly support this.
 
k. I don't know much about AK Fest, but would it be "uncricket" to invite vendors which make a point of selling new and used audio (places like Spearit Sound come to mind, but I'm sure there are others)?
 
I like "Real World Audio".

Morrow Audio Cables
Music Hall

Music Hall offers products in all ranges and that really perform.

Grant Fidelity
 
Perihelion Audio
Oddwatt Audio
Madisound
Bottlehead
Or any off the other small guys out there.
 
I'd like to see Salk loudspeakers back again, and Nola. Actually, most of the smaller speaker makers who've been at the Fest have been great to have there. I'd be happy to see Bel Canto back as well.
 
Not sure about a working title, but I like where this is going. I like the idea of putting a bit of a DIY emphasis as well as that seems to be the best bang for the buck approach imho.

With that said, why not invite:

Nelson Pass (as stated before) to speak about Firstwatt and PassDIY
Jim Hagerman
Bottlehead
 
Back
Top Bottom