• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Akai 400D-SS tension arm - help

LucT

New Member
Hi, I have an Akai 400D-SS with broken tension arm, right side. I mean, the tension arm is there, but I can't feel the spring. What can I do? I was reading here somewhere, can't find it, someone who repaired one with this problem. If you could give me an advice would be great ! Thank you.
 
Register to hide this ad
Dhnash, THANK YOU ! so much ! The only solution I found before this was a $300 arm from eBay :( not an option for me :(. I will read more, learn how to open, try epoxy maybe. But I read now on tapeheads that one guy makes those nylon pins and sells them for $125. At least he was in 2011. Anyone knows something more recent ? Thanks again
 
If you haven't already done so, you might want to become a member and post this question on the Tapeheads.net site. You could reference the threads I found and explain what part you are trying to find which I think was custom made out of Delrin plastic rod. There may be some folks there who are familiar with the GX-400D-SS that can help. Best of luck getting yours fixed!
 
If you haven't already done so, you might want to become a member and post this question on the Tapeheads.net site. You could reference the threads I found and explain what part you are trying to find which I think was custom made out of Delrin plastic rod. There may be some folks there who are familiar with the GX-400D-SS that can help. Best of luck getting yours fixed!
Thank You again. I just became member of Tape Heads and I will ask there too.
 
Back
Top Bottom