• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

At this very moment, I'm listening to:


Gabriel Faure
Ballade Pour Piano et Orchestre
Vasso Devetzi, piano
Pelleas et Melisande
Orchestre de la Societe des Concerts du Conservatoire
Direction: Serge Baudo
-Le Chant du Monde- (France)



IMG_8804_zps12elosxp.jpg




;)
......
 
Terry was a -- I almost hesitate to write this next word it is so overused & abused -- beautiful person. I loved the guy, met him while at UChicago where he worked as (of all things!) a computer programmer and data analyst. We became friendly around the "music thing" and that's when I discovered he ws that Terry Callier, the one who'd made a landmark LP in the 60s entitled The New Folk Sounds Of Terry Callier (Cadet label, IIRC) and so many more past that, though in more of a funk vein than the debit.

In any event we talked music, geetars, Chicago Blues, and even played sessions together over the course of several years. Then I left Chicago. Then Terry died. And that is all I can write for now.

PS: hearing selected sides by John Prine and Harry Chapin playin' in the background as I write these lines ain't doing nuthin' for my composure.

PPS: I also copped one of my best geetar amplifiers, an old brown-covered Fender Pro Amp (older, single 15" Jensen type), from Terry, a gift to terry from Phil Upchurch and from terry to me.
WOW is all i can think mate and sorry your still feeling the loss.
What color is love is a masterpiece
 
Back
Top Bottom