• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT offer a discount.
He made a commitment to pay XXX dollars and that is what he owes you.
DO NOT let him know how much you have into it. It is none of his business.
Have you considered making a police report locally?
I was involved with a credit card fraud case recently. Things moved along slowly (with the place my card was used fraudulently) until I went and filed a police report. At that point they must have realized I was serious and truly had been stolen from.

That actually is good advice. Don't count on EBAY to do anything for you. Since he didn't pay thru Paypal, you may or may not have a path there.

Local police - worth a shot - bring it to his front porch. If you file a report they have to at least investigate.
 
WARNING---this may not be allowed at AK.

In my other major interest I am active on a forum.
There, if someone screws you, it is fair game to post their name, address, phone number, email, etc...whatever info you have.
With enough response it will get that persons name and info on page 1 of google results. Even if you are not made right, others will know to do business with that person with caution if at all.

WARNING---this may not be allowed at AK.
 
I use her account because she was selling handbags for a while and accumlated 145 points and I took over the account and now I am at 179 already.
 
So 145 of your current feedback have nothing to do with you or your sales or purchases.
GET YOUR OWN acccount.
James, you aren't getting off to a very good start in your new business venture.
 
***DELETED BY MODERATOR. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???***

This is his addredd, so I should report to Maine police?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So 145 of your current feedback have nothing to do with you or your sales or purchases.
GET YOUR OWN acccount.
James, you aren't getting off to a very good start in your new business venture.

Out of her handbag business, I was doing most of the work.
 
And a cupel years ago I had ONE feedback and now Im 913 . What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Those feed backs are not yours it's not your account.
 
***QUOTED TEXT DELETED BY MODERATOR***

In my case, 4 people in four different states (they probably got my c.c. numbers from a "broker" who got them from a legitimate purchase I made) used my c.c. numbers.
I filed a police report locally. I knew nothing would happen as far as anyone pursuing the crooks. But it did get the fraudulent charges dropped from my account.
Walmart.com kept refusing to free me from the charges up until I filed the police report.
Ebay fraud may or may not work the same, I don't know.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately most are not honest. I accidently shipped eight Telefunken 12AX7s to a buyer that only bought six in Hong Kong. It was actually an ebay error that stated in dutch auction the other buyer from larger lot was this Hong Kong buyer. Not a peep back. There are everywhere now a days.
 
And a cupel years ago I had ONE feedback and now Im 913 . What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Those feed backs are not yours it's not your account.

My restaurant business went belly up in 2011 and I am personally bankrupted as well, so in our household we use her name on everything. The house is under her name too.
 
My restaurant business went belly up in 2011 and I am personally bankrupted as well, so in our household we use her name on everything. The house is under her name too.
Well Im sorry and not trying to be mean so please don't take it like that. But ebay & Paypal don't care about that as long as you have a way of paying and making them money.
 
Yeah, its OK. I am trying to turn my hobby into my personal business, since I got Rheumatolid arthris just half a year ago. I can't do what I used to do anymore, being a restaurant manager or server.
 
986 Sebago Rd .... is an Assisted Living Faciltiy cakked Sebago Place

Maybe the buyer's ill or dead.

Not likely. He was a 100% feedback at 72 when he bought from me and now he is 75 with 100% feedback. So he is buying more stuff as we speak.
 
Not likely. He was a 100% feedback at 72 when he bought from me and now he is 75 with 100% feedback. So he is buying more stuff as we speak.

Hey I just told you what's at that address. According to what I read, they have 8 beds of residents. That doesn't say your buyer is a resident but maybe works there. You could have found this info just as easily. The phone number of the place is available if you search for it. You could call and ask who Mark is.

By the way, I'm not a fan of publicly posting names/addresses/phone numbers in forums like that. Not that I don't believe your side of the story but the story's not fully written yet and that name/address gets posted for all to see now and 10 years from now without the 'defendant' having a say. Just my 2 cents.
 
Hey I just told you what's at that address. According to what I read, they have 8 beds of residents. That doesn't say your buyer is a resident but maybe works there. You could have found this info just as easily. The phone number of the place is available if you search for it. You could call and ask who Mark is.

By the way, I'm not a fan of publicly posting names/addresses/phone numbers in forums like that. Not that I don't believe your side of the story but the story's not fully written yet and that name/address gets posted for all to see now and 10 years from now without the 'defendant' having a say. Just my 2 cents.

Get him Fired
 
Hey I just told you what's at that address. According to what I read, they have 8 beds of residents. That doesn't say your buyer is a resident but maybe works there. You could have found this info just as easily. The phone number of the place is available if you search for it. You could call and ask who Mark is.

By the way, I'm not a fan of publicly posting names/addresses/phone numbers in forums like that. Not that I don't believe your side of the story but the story's not fully written yet and that name/address gets posted for all to see now and 10 years from now without the 'defendant' having a say. Just my 2 cents.


As I mentioned, I don't know if posting scammer info is alowed here.
In this particular case, the buyer KNOWS he owes the money, has the info to make payment, and has had more than enough time to do so. In my opinion that makes him a scammer. He may not have made the purchase with the intent of not paying, but may have changed his mind when given the opportunity to do so?
Unless pressured by someone or something I don't think payment will be made. JMO

The other forum I referenced allows nothing to be edited or deleted after 5 minutes from posting. In that case stuff truly is forever.
Here we are allowed to edit/delete.
Off course the site owners and moderators are also able to edit/delete I would think.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom