• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

An Altec Christmas Tree?

Add a skinny tower speaker on top to get more of a tree shape :yes:

You have at least 10 more days of cheap entertainment so don't stop now.
 
Add a skinny tower speaker on top to get more of a tree shape :yes:

You have at least 10 more days of cheap entertainment so don't stop now.

Hmmm, I was thinking maybe a Rectilinear. But those are a bit big. I do have a pair of Polk Monitor 5's that would fit the bill.

Biggles
 
OH, and you know what? Apparently, there's pine leavenings on the lights. After the lights warm up for a bit, you can actually SMELL the "tree". No kidding. This is awesome.

Biggles
 
The Berkeley Square in 1981 was a fun place, from what I can remember.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I do remember a higher fondness level for The Keystone though, just up University. I think it had more of an "old man dive" kinda vibe to it. I never did make it to Ruthie's Inn though.

Biggles
 
Last edited:
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I do remember a higher fondness level for The Keystone though, just up University. I think it had more of an "old man dive" kinda vibe to it. I never did make it to Ruthie's Inn though.

Biggles

I kind of got into the punk/ new wave stuff. I was an expert at scoring tickets from KALX trivia and segue contests. That was a fun time. The telephone pole posters on Telegraph were so cool. I, too, snagged a few of those.
A friend of mine was a financial backer for Bonnie Hayes. Cool times, thanks for bringing up fond memories.

Cheers, Merry Christmas.
 
Last edited:
You rock. Period.

Dang, you're awfully kind. Thank you!

I kind of got into the punk/ new wave stuff. I was an expert at scoring tickets from KALX trivia and segue contests. That was a fun time. The telephone pole posters on Telegraph were so cool. I, too, snagged a few of those.

A friend of mine was a financial backer for Bonnie Hayes. Cool times, thanks for bringing up fond memories.

Cheers, Merry Christmas.

No kidding? Really? Wow! I recently saw some kind of local news thingy and she was on there talking about something. I teared up, was so happy to know she seems to be doing well. Some day maybe I can get my poster signed. "To Biggles, whom I know very well. Bonnie Hayes"

OH YEAH !!!

Biggles
 
I kind of got into the punk/ new wave stuff. I was an expert at scoring tickets from KALX trivia and segue contests. That was a fun time. The telephone pole posters on Telegraph were so cool. I, too, snagged a few of those.
A friend of mine was a financial backer for Bonnie Hayes. Cool times, thanks for bringing up fond memories.

Cheers, Merry Christmas.

Dang, you're awfully kind. Thank you!



No kidding? Really? Wow! I recently saw some kind of local news thingy and she was on there talking about something. I teared up, was so happy to know she seems to be doing well. Some day maybe I can get my poster signed. "To Biggles, whom I know very well. Bonnie Hayes"

OH YEAH !!!

Biggles
Kids!
I lived in Mike Bloomfield's old place (among others) at Lorina and Ashby. The Park was unbelievable, any day of the week. That was the Summer after the Summer of Love. :D

BTW, I wish I had saved all those old Fillmore, Avalon, Family Dog, Wintergarden posters. I could probably retire.
 
Kids!
I lived in Mike Bloomfield's old place (among others) at Lorina and Ashby. The Park was unbelievable, any day of the week. That was the Summer after the Summer of Love. :D

BTW, I wish I had saved all those old Fillmore, Avalon, Family Dog, Wintergarden posters. I could probably retire.

Mike Bloomfield? That must have been really something! I've had a few of Paul Butterfield's LPs for years, always enjoyed them immensely. Such a treat.

Biggles
 
Kids!
I lived in Mike Bloomfield's old place (among others) at Lorina and Ashby. The Park was unbelievable, any day of the week. That was the Summer after the Summer of Love. :D

BTW, I wish I had saved all those old Fillmore, Avalon, Family Dog, Wintergarden posters. I could probably retire.

When I was a youngster I was caught trying to sneak into a Paul Butterfield concert by Jerome Arnold who was Paul's drummer.
He asked me what I was doing and said "you follow me".
Thought I was done for.
Took me through backstage, pointed me out towards the audience
and said "get lost kid".

A treasured experience.

Awesome tree by the way.


Art
 
Last edited:
When I was a youngster I was caught trying to sneak into a Paul Butterfield concert by Jerome Arnold who was Paul's drummer.
He asked me what I was doing and said "you follow me".
Thought I was done for.
Took me through backstage, pointed me out towards the audience
and said "get lost kid".

A treasured experience.
Sometimes it really is all about the music. :yes: :thmbsp:
 
Sempai, what a great story! I can just imagine the emotions you must have had when first following him. I've gotten comped tickets to some concerts by people I knew, won some freebie tickets from radio stations, and back in school days worked part-time to get free access to some (saw the Beatles' "Let it Be" in its first cinema release that way, too), but I can't remember any "breaking and entering" kind of episodes like yours. At least, none that involved concerts, or that I'd admit to. :D

As for Christmas trees made from speakers, one year a shopping mall near here decorated their mall with 20' tall "trees" made from stacked-up vintage speakers, all painted white. Most of them were undistinguished things of little or no value, but a few of them were nice, valued speakers that many AKers would like to have. Unfortunately, some of them had been glued and/or nailed in place, and nearly all of them subjected to a thick layer of ugly white paint that in most cases covered even the drivers. In effect, they were ruined as audio gear. I was saddened every time I saw them.

I like the speaker tree in the OP much, much better. They can proudly proclaim, "NO SPEAKERS WERE HARMED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS CHRISTMAS!" :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom