• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Another AU-20000 Restoration

Very nice write up! thanks
From the images it looks like this one is easier to service than the 9900 / 11000. Is that so?
The 11000 and 9900 are typically about as easy to work on, in the case of the 11000 I documented, a previous tech had gone through and cut out most of the molex connectors and instead directly soldered most of the wiring, making it quite a pain to rebuild.
 
I would agree the AU-9900 is straight forward to restore in terms of access to boards. It's a big project because there are a lot of boards and components to replace, but if the Molex connectors are in place, then most boards are fairly straight forward to remove and work on. The most difficult I worked on were the tone control boards as it took a lot more effort to get them out. They are in a tight space, but there are only a few components on each board to replace. I did not pull any boards that did not have components that needed changing. Also, no double sided board in the 9900 or fuse resistors.

IMG_0908.JPG
 
Great work and great documentation. Just a note that regarding the driver board parts you mixed up TR08 and TR09 with the wrong transistors. A smart person might have noticed before they installed the transistors but I like to do things the hard way.
I can't seem to be able to adjust the bias on the right side . Before and after the board rebuild. I will likely start a new post.
 
Great work and great documentation. Just a note that regarding the driver board parts you mixed up TR08 and TR09 with the wrong transistors. A smart person might have noticed before they installed the transistors but I like to do things the hard way.
I can't seem to be able to adjust the bias on the right side . Before and after the board rebuild. I will likely start a new post.
Good catch, that was an error on my behalf on the BOM, flipped the two transistors when copying the part numbers in the spreadsheet. I’ll make sure to update the BOM.
 
Here is the complete BOM with all the parts used in this unit.
Hello Everybody, my name is Dale I am now the proud owner of this incredible SansuiAU-20000.as of 4/5/2024 I am Currently connected to my 100% rebuilt Braun L1030/8 three way speakers thanks to Richard So in Arizona. The build quality is very clear listening to the AU-20000. The detailed distribution of sound reproduced is incredible. I'd love to have the repair technician who rebuilt the AU-20000 take on some of my cherished Vintage Sansui components, G8700db,990 ( Black Face European model & a Au-717. I hope the technician is able to reach out to me. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying your Total Au-20000 rebuild.
AudiophileDale
 
Back
Top Bottom