• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any experience with Von Schweikert's

Register to hide this ad
I have VR4JR MkII with Mac 501's and C46 pre. Fine combo. The speaks don't jump out at you and listening position is fairly critical for 3D sound. Frighteningly realistic on things like bells, and other percussion. I listen to much live recorded classical music, and I hear everything; breathing, squeaky chairs, hall air conditioning, etc. I like my VonSchweikerts but speaks are a very subjective pick and the room has a lot to do with the total sound. Hope this is helpful. PM me if you want to discuss more.
 
The VR4-SR speaker is much more closer to the Tylers, as they both use the Magnesium seas driver and scanspeak. It will be a sideways move, IMO.

Will email on the side.
 
Had my VSA SR MKII for a little over a year now and very satisfied with it. I have recently bi-amp with MC402 and a pair of MC501 and I am just in awe as how good they sound!!. Musical and detailed with no fatigue noted. It really shines with any type of music I threw at it. If you like to tweak with cables, sources, amp it will let you know the difference-thats how good it is.
Read the articles on DAGOGO.com and ENJOY THE MUSIC.com for a good accurate review/read. PM me for more details.
 
Have to agree with vintage tube...this would be a lateral move, not an upgrade.
(of course I'm a little biased being a Tyler owner)

Why not pair the 501's with the Tylers?
 
Back
Top Bottom