• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone here into old Carver stuff?

DTL cd player
C1 preamp
C2 preamp
4000T preamp
CT-6 preamp
CT-7 preamp
(2) CT -26 preamps
TX-11 Tuner
DPL-33 processor
TD-1700 Tape deck
M-500 Amp
(6) M-500T amps
M-1.5T amp
MRX-130 Receiver
(2) Carver Cinema Series 5.1 Subwoofers
Carver 5.2 Center channel
Carver Amazing Loudspeakers (Original Series)
Carver Amazing Loudspeakers (Platinum Series)
"Carver audio, why settle for less just ask my neighbors"
 
Lookingglass100 said:
Carvers, ya either love 'em or hate 'em. I seldom see or hear any middle ground. My experience listening to store set ups was that Bob Carver was right up there with Amar Bose at hype marketing. They did not seem well made and perhaps the reason you see so few for sale is so many died and were never repaired.
So few for sale? LMAO!!!!! Have you looked on ebay lately? there is currently 48 amps listed, which is smackdab in the middle of most of the ones I researched. sansui. pioneer. marantz. yamaha. adcom. these others ranged from 39 to 58 amps for sale currently. I dont know if you realize that carver amps have been hitting near record or record prices in the last few months. Why is that? certainly not because they were inferior products. obviously you are in the hater group mentioned earlier.

REGARDS JIM
 
I have the Carver M1.5T amp into the C-2 preamp
sourced to a AMC CD8A cd player Hooked up
to a pair of Polk audio SDA-1A speakers
as the main Cabin set-up!
Nice Eye Candy there Wardsweb!
Mark
 
Help with Carver Remote

Sluggo, you must have a rockin sweet system.:music:

I'm also a Carver lover.

My current system is a Music Angel Tube amp with a Luxman CD player and a Carver CT-23 PreAmp-Tuner running Polk Monitor 5-As.

I have been looking everywhere for a Remote Control for my Carver CT-23.:tears:

They have been impossible to find. Even replacements. I have tried those One for All Remotes and none I've tried worked on any function. Even the brand Carver is listed in the One in All remotes manual.

If anyone out there can help with the remote, it would be greatly appreciated. If so, please send me an email in here. I will respond as soon as I find one.

Cheers

Wills
 
Last edited:
Not sure what qualifies as older Carver equipment but own several "A" series amplifiers from the late 90's, just about when the company called it quit's. Not really Carver design's at that point, and maybe why I like them so much. They get the job done.
 
I just got a TX-11 tuner......funny you can look in the display and see a AM spot, but evidently the tuner only does FM as there is no selector switch for a AM signal?
 
I've got a Carver DPL-33 Surround processor like this one (not my picture)

DSC09724.JPG
 
The Q&A from the 2008 Carverfest was just put up on You Tube. Bob speaks in depth about acoustics, much of his initial knowledge of 4 dimensional images with acoustical space,he states that he learnt from Henry Kloss; the creation of the ribbon for his Carver Amazings and how Arnie Nudell from Infinity fame used the Carver ribbons in his Genesis line of loudspeakers. He also speaks at length as to why tube gear sounds as it does; his Stereophile Challenge, and some fun artifacts. There is much information here.

There are fifteen parts to the Q&A on You Tube. Fans of Bob, his equipment and accomplishments will enjoy this. Here is the link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClUrwypWys

Vito
 
The Q&A from the 2008 Carverfest was just put up on You Tube. Bob speaks in depth about acoustics, much of his initial knowledge of 4 dimensional images with acoustical space,he states that he learnt from Henry Kloss; the creation of the ribbon for his Carver Amazings and how Arnie Nudell from Infinity fame used the Carver ribbons in his Genesis line of loudspeakers. He also speaks at length as to why tube gear sounds as it does; his Stereophile Challenge, and some fun artifacts. There is much information here.

There are fifteen parts to the Q&A on You Tube. Fans of Bob, his equipment and accomplishments will enjoy this. Here is the link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClUrwypWys

Vito

I was there for CarverFest 2007 & 2008, but missed it this year for financial reasons. It was a great to meet & chat with Bob first hand!
 
I just pulled a reliable B&K ST 200 from my system and replaced it with a M4.0T that had been sitting in a box in the basement for a while. Wow, what an upgrade! The base is more precise, the mids are clear and solid, and the highs are more natural. Definite improvement!
 
Carver TFM 15 CB

Picked up one on CL for kicks and it is in my garage/lab/shop.
One of these days, I will replace the unneeded blown meter lights.
Every day that I turn it on, I am blown away by it :thmbsp:.
 
I've been a Carver fan for years.....some good stuff in IMO.

Had two TFM-45's recently repair at Bob's, Rita'sRepair, shop. Bob, Rita and Lisa were happy to autograph them!:banana:

Here's a pic of one of them.
 

Attachments

  • signed.jpg
    signed.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 71
I got a carver C-1 pre-amp hooked to a Soundcraftsmen 5001 250wx2 amp pushing a set of Bose 901's series III circa 1977 (life time cloth re-foamed)and i really love the way it sounds in my small lil house :music: :thmbsp: and im thinking about getting another piece of carver stuff, a 500 t amp so i can send my soundcraftmen out to be gone through and bring it back up to spec . I dont think you can really go wrong with Carver Amp and Pre-Amp Gear.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1564.jpg
    DSCN1564.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 33
I recently picked up a tfm 45 amp off craigslist and I love how this amp makes my polk sda's sound. To be truthfull I was not a fan of carver gear in the least having had one of their tuners, the reciever, and one of their pre amps. I don't remember any of the model numbers and really don't care what they were either. I'll be kind and say that I was less than thrilled with those offerings. Not so on the tfm 45. That quickly became my favorite amp in my meager power amp collection.
 
I was not a big fan of the CT-17 pre - I like my TFM-35 quite a bit. Raise the resistors off of the board as in the service bulletins and it should last you quite a while and give you some good clean power to work with. Maybe stick a hybrid preamp on it and have the best of both worlds, tube sweet with ss power. My opinion of late is within reason, the preamp is the biggest difference in shaping my sound. A Carver amp is a great bang for the buck way to get into some decent power to drive those inefficient speakers
 
Back
Top Bottom