• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR-98LS or AR-11

MixedBag

New Member
Hi,

I need some advice here. I'm trying to decide between a pair of AR-11 and a pair of AR-98LS. The AR-11 is more recognized as a classic one while the AR-98LS has the same 12" woofer in a tower cabinet. Do they sound similar?
 
Register to hide this ad
I own a pair of both. They are different, the 98ls has the 8 inch mid bass woofer and the plate version of the dome drivers. I think I prefer the 11s. I think the midrange is more organic and well dispersed. I think the 98ls can handle more power and play a little louder. I also think the 98ls is easier to place in a room for proper bass balance.They are both superb systems though.
 
Back
Top Bottom