• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Are they that good?

Register to hide this ad
There is listening good, and collector good. This is one case where they are very collector good, much to the delight of the seller.:scratch2:
 
There seems to be a mantra routinely repeated equating "worth" with "how much someone anywhere on the planet is willing to pay". Because I find so much good information shared on this site, I struggle to see where this adds to the exchange. Am I just grumpy, or envious? Anyway, thanks to the OP for pointing out something I would never have noticed.
 
Last edited:
Hey, it's only money..., which appears to have less and less buying power :D

Although I would not pay that kind of money for these amps 'cause they don't look good to me (aesthetically speaking). I like my expensive gear to look great, too :D
 
NOTE TO SELF: Do NOT gut the NEXT Fairchild amp for parts. Repeat, do NOT gut the NEXT Fairchild amp for parts.:bash:

:D
 
They only output 2 or 500 ohms so they are difficult to implement.

Way cooler and far more valuable are the WE 86c amps also on the bay right now.
 
Look at the bids - looks like the same people or one person and bidding himself up? VERY FISHY!!!!

Looks ok to me, only the last 15k is between those two bidders, and they both have high feedback.
 
Last edited:
If you look at the bids closely - the same bidder - bid 3 times in a orw? that is sniping or trying to get the bids up and THAT is fishy.

I believe it shows that when someone else's bid hits a proxy. ie. If my proxy is 40k and the high bid is 28k, a bid at 35k will elevate the high bid to 35,100 with my name attached.

Sniping is placing a bid within the last seconds of an auction - hoping to hit the high bid before your opponent has a chance. I wish eBay would implement a 'soft close' system to prevent this, but that's another thread!
 
Look at the bids - looks like the same people or one person and bidding himself up? VERY FISHY!!!!
Looks completely legit to me.

The winning bid of $57,100.00 or more was placed 4 days before the end of the auction.

Nice sale/auction, wish it were mine.:yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom